Librarium Online Forums banner

Biggest Army

2K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  Da Mighty Camel 
#1 ·
Having planned my first 2000 point Salamander SM army, I could not resist making this into a whole company, which got me thinking....how long would it take me to do the whole Salamander Chapter?

So I was wondering:

• Whats your biggest army?
  • How long did it take?
  • Does anyone have any plans to do a whole chapter etc?
  • With experience, (taking into account Apoc) what is the biggest 'playable' army?
I worked out with the rate at which I paint it should take me nearly 4 years ;? to do a whole chapter, and of course I am also starting Orks when the new codex comes out.

#2 ·
Biggest: my IW which is starting to get mighty clsoe to the 10K limit
How long: been working on them for over 4 years now
plans: to expand them a lot, full traitor guard, chaos titan legion etc etc

apocalypse will allow considerable army sizes that are playable, just depends on how much time and room you have.

#3 ·
I have a company of dark angels dating back to when 40k was Rogue Trader and have just been adding to it over the years. Looks the part though as there is quite a range of different marks of power armour. They also have several vehicles.

My largest army by far is my orcs and goblins for fantasy battle. I have far too many by far and have been adding to them for about 15 years. To put it in perspective I have over 400 metal night goblins :0

#5 ·
my biggest armies well i used to ahve 7000 pts of chaos.

my current largest army is my high elves standing at over 5000 pts inclding tyrion

#6 ·
I can make up 3 armies of about 5000pts (just about). They're not very balanced though, I have to bump up the extras because there are not enough standard troops.

#7 ·
hi,
I started my current project in July, the aim was to buy, build and paint a 2000pt Tryanid force
as quickly and as cheaply as I could. In took me two weeks to get all my models from ebay ( I saved a whooping £55+
using ebay compared to games workshop online store) It then took the better part of one month to build all the models
( by the way I work two jobs which accounts for 65 hours of my week, but it just means I can spend more on my horde!)
It has taken me the remaining 2 months or so to paint my army. the colour scheme is black carpace and red legs, arms and faces.
I have also done detailed bases for every models consisting of sand, slate and snow flock. Because someone once told me that bases and faces make the miniture so I often make a big effort on these bits. It has been a chore to paint all that red, but foudation paint has been a true blessing.
Anyway here is a break down of everything in my army so far.

Painted Models
31 gaunts
16 hormgaunts
5 ripper bases
5 winged warriors
3 warriors
1 carnifex
3 highly converted spore mines.
8 genestealers

Undercoated but not painted
1 carnifex
1 converted broodlord
1 winged hive tyrant
22 genestealers

That will be 97 models coming in at just over 2000 pts. And hopefully will be done by Jan next year so I can then start my next project. A forge world bio titan!

#8 ·
God only knows how much IG I have at home. Note to newer players: If you don't have copious amounts of money falling out of your nether regions, I'd advise writing up a 1500 to 2000 point list and working up to that. Then start adding additions, substitutes, etc.

I spent way too much on my Guard, and they're so badly painted...:0

#15 ·
most number of models: my nids by far.
Most points would be the Eldar army i'm currently painting up. I'm close to 6000 points, all purchased in the last calendar year (i bought the army through the GW auction they had at the canadian store + the Army box, then a friend who was getting out of the hobby decided to sell me 3000 points of 2nd and 3rd ed unpainted models for a price i couldn't pass up)

#18 ·
I have 2000 points of guard (Mostly Infantry with 2 bassies and demolisher)
I have been working on the army for around 4 months only one squad is painted.
My plan is to get around 500 infantry only 350 more to go and their complementary tanks and support.

#20 ·
My biggest army is around maybe 4000 points of lizardmen, it might be a bit less. I collected them over around 5 years amongst other things, and over 2 editions. I haven't touched them for quite a while though now.

#21 ·
I am currently working on my red corsiars which was around 12,000pts but with all the stuff i added w/ apocalypse its now like 18,000pts(half unpainted, the other half complete. I plan on hitting 20000 soon) part of it consists of my former red scorpions chapter which is now chaos which i worked on for 2 years(before turning renegade and crossing off all the aquilas) and then the rest of the chaos stuff i have had for a year. so in total about three years of work. I also want a reaver and maybe a warhound or two. I built a warlord out of steel, but i can't bear to place it on the table as i would feel like such a jackass!:p I'm a good little boy who doesn't like to auto win0:. I'm thinking of buying one of those big ol' suitcases and filling it up with foam trays to transport my new army.;)

#22 ·
I play Black Templars and am currently 9987points.

I don't know about an entire chapter but ive definatly thought about trying to make it look as impressive as i possibly can.

7000pts of it is painted and im painting the last 2000 for the current Tale of Painters contest thats going on right now.

I really do love playing Space marines and have a Blood angel army, Salamanders army and Space Wolves army also.

Theres something about marines that just keeps me enticed. I love to play them as close to the astartes as possible regardless of beardyness. I'm all about the fluff at heart

- Tib 8X

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.