baneblade or hell hammer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: baneblade or hellhammer?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • bane blade

17 51.52%
  • hellhammer

6 18.18%
  • screw those... I'm fielding the death-star!

10 30.30%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

baneblade or hell hammer

Now that you have seen the new apocalypse codex... which do you prefer, the beanblede or the hell hammer?

That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Well, I must admit I've yet to receive my Apoc rulebook, but from the looks of it, I tend to go Hellhammer for my Vostroyan army.

Why? Well, I don't know but somehow when I think Vostroyans I think Cityfight (probably because of the Cities of death promotion last year) and in conclusion I think the Hellhammer does contribute more to cityfighting armies opposed to a Baneblade. Not that I would mind a Baneblade for my army though (might get a 2nd kit to build a blade)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

personally i like the hell hammer over the baneblade becuase: although for a more expensive price, it can have up to 4 lascannons and one hellhammer cannon! (and 4 hv flamers but who gives a $#&% about heavy flamers on a tank meant for tank/ heavy infantry hunting.) The coaxle autocannon also makes it great for hunting other vehicals as that s10 ap1 is usefull with the rerolled scatter dice. Not to mention, isn't a 7" template already ludicrously good at killing infantry, does one really need the extra 3" unless you are fighting like tyranids or something? Plus i guess the heavy flamers could be useful if you get assualted by nids, and then you can back up and flame em8X.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

I'ma takin tha Death Star. And by Death Star I mean either a Titan or the lovely new Defense Laser. If I had to pick though I'd probably go for the Hellhammer, after all I have Russes for the long ranged death.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Now that i've played a full on apocalypse game (about 33000 points or something like that, man it was huge), i'd have to go with baneblade.

Its the extra range that makes all the difference! When you get up close, your poor hellhammer will just get swamped in carnifexes or defilers or even brass scorpions (which happened), and it ain't gonna last long.

Although, I suppose in smaller battles (around 3000 points), a hellhammer could be a better buy, if there's lots of terrain around too...
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play lots of Apocalypse battles, and from what I've seen, in Apocalypse the Baneblade does better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Having just loolked at the rulebook, and noticing the range on the hellhammer cannon I am starting to consider ta baneblade. However the hell hammer looks soo much cooler8Y

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Baneblade all the way! Range is a must and... it's a FREAKING BANEBLADE!!!

I haven't been wishing and praying for a "Hellhammer" for the last 10 years now have I!!?

<deep breath>

Might just get both though, hehe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Gotta disagree, Koss - I built mine as a Baneblade because the stubby Hellhammer cannon just didn't look mean enough to me. While I'm sure Freud would have a field day with my assessment, the Baneblade just looks too cool to pass up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyric the Mad View Post
    Gotta disagree, Koss - I built mine as a Baneblade because the stubby Hellhammer cannon just didn't look mean enough to me. While I'm sure Freud would have a field day with my assessment, the Baneblade just looks too cool to pass up.
    my thoughts exactly, the hellhammer weapon looks... wrong, like it's a different scale or something.

The baneblade however... KAZANGO! now there's a gun + i want my mega tank to stay in the rear to mid, not charging forward, except to drive over an oppossing tank! MUHAHAHAHAHAH

(i know i can't legally do that, would be fun though)
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast