Forge World problems - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member The vampire Lestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forge World problems

My friends and I have all ordered off of Forge World, my friend has a Warhound titan, another has Grey Knight Dreadnaughts etc, and today I finally received my Necron Pylon. Now aside from all ordering Forge World stuff we all have another thing in common, all of our orders were stuffed up. All the orders were seperate over a long time span and most of the problems were missing parts, my Pylon for example is missing a leg (nothing important right, I assume they can count to 6 there.) and I've heard many other stories of similar situations where despite the MASSIVE cost of Forge World models, thier service just doesn't match what you pay for. So I'm wondering what other bad publicity Forge World has that you people out there could share?

By the way if you think I just whining for the hell of it, its 12,000 miles from New Zealand to the UK so I can't just go down the road and get a new piece for my $260 (exchange rates suck) model.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have ordered several things now from Forgeworld already along with my friends, like several broadsides, a gray knight dreadnough's body, Shas'O R'Myr, an XV 84 and an XV 98, a droppod an arvus lighter, a vindicator and an assortment of miscellaneous parts and the only faulty item we had was that the arvus lighter had 2 of the same engine, which still needs to be replaced now.it can happen, just contact them and explain your problem.
    MvG, vindicator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

For all it's great products, Forgeworld's quality control is extremley poor.
    On the upside they are generally very helpful and they tend to be very generous when sending replacements, however you don't always want to go through the hastle, particularly when they are quite small problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Aha, a subject I can talk about with ease, to date from forgeworld I have recieved:

2 vultures
    2 sets of auto cannon, one set of bombs
    Drop Sentinel
    10 Elysian squad of varrious descriptions
    2 Elysian equipment packs
    2 support sentinels
    9 sets of varrious vehicle extra armour
    Commander long knife
    Tetras
    Night wing

not a small list, I am currently waiting for 2 more elysian squads, a heads pack and equipment packs

Thus far they have messed up as follows:

1 of the command squads was the wrong one (they immediatly sent a replacement, - reminds me I need to send the other back to them as they asked - they gave me a freepost addy

they sent a weapons pack instead of one of the equipment packs, replacement pack sent immediatley and I was allowed to keep the weapons pack

one of the extra armour kits was for a predetor, it had 2 left side of turret pieces and no right side, right side sent immediately

That is a pretty reasonable record on errors

Now obviously I have been doing this for a while, over the last 6 months or so things have changed, prior to this the speed of delivery was good, any phone calls to complain were dealt with promptly and courteously, and you tended to keep the wrong bit they sent

But things have changed, as far as I can discern for 2 reasons:

1 appocalypse means they have far more to deal with
    2 new staff who are not that au-fait with either the hobby or the product range (according to one of their older guys I spoke to)

this has resulted in
    -much slower time to deliver (what did take a week tops now takes around a month)
    -more errors (the guys they employ dont understand the discinction between an elysian command squad and an elysian HQ command squad {the former has a melta gun, the latter a plasma and an officer with a power fist})
    -they have instituted a free post returns system

in time it will sort its self out, however, I would recomend if you have issues phone them, they will always help and the more knowledgable guys seem to be manning the phones
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

FW - do it two ways:

- order locally if you can (I am in Chicago and have place that stocks FW)
    - use their site as reference for your own conversions

...or perhaps order from ebay with local sellers? Shipping that far blows - I know - in my Mechwarrior days I was shipping/buyig stuff all over the place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post

1 appocalypse means they have far more to deal with
    I think this is probably the main reason that Forge World aren't performing very well right now. They simply didn't anticipate the huge rush of orders that Apocalypse brought. They will have expected some, no doubt, but not this much. Because of this they're a bit swamped at the moment and struggling to get everyone's orders cast and shipped out as quickly as they can
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I was talking to a Forge World guy just a couple of days ago, and he said they are just absolutely swamped with orders, to the point where they are even struggling to meet the 28 days delivery schedule, never mind any earlier.

Not sure about why their quality control is so shoddy though, because that's not just a recent thing. Considering how fine their models are, they really should aim to give a perfect service all round. I don't think you can even blame Jonny Work Experience either. How hard can it be to put 6x part A, 2x part B, etc. in a box?

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I've recently ordered a BFG GK Strike Cruiser and some Thunderhawks(BFG), so when those arrive I'll let you know thier condition.

As far as the quality goes, I don't think its fair to blame them without evidence, they could be dealing things we could never imagine. Also they don't have automated production AFAIK so the reason for missing parts could be quality control and them not being replaced?

I'm not saying I know, but I think FW is pretty damn good.

They have a lot to live up to afterall.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

This was posted in the latest newsletter, and on their website.

"With the recent release of WH40K Apocalypse and the forthcoming Christmas period demand for Forge World models is at an all time high. This has unfortunately led to delays in processing of all orders. Demand for certain models (especially those featured in the Warhammer 40,000 Apocalypse rulebook) has been extremely high. Please rest assured we are still committed to despatching orders to all our customers as quickly as possible but significant delays may be unavoidable. If your order is time sensitive or you wish to check the availability of a particular item we recommend you call our customer service team on"
    I only have a deep understanding with them if they are completely swampled - the FW team have never been large.

Patience is your friend now, I think.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Sorry for Necro Posting, but I got my Stuff, no missing parts or anything to be disappointed about, although to get an idea of how far behind they are, I placed the order on Nov 22, the dispatch note has a stamp on it saying Dec 6th, so it took about 2 weeks just to get teh order shipped, which took about 12 days(I'm in Canada BC).

It'll be interesting to see when my GK dreads get here...

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast