Coolest moments in Warhammer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coolest moments in Warhammer

I've seen a lot of negativity on the warhammer boards of late(mostly at Warseer, but w/e) so I though I'd post a question to help remind us all of what an awesome game we have.

What was the coolest situation, battle, or act you have ever seen? What ahve you seen that's been so awesome you had to shout "for the Emperor" or "Waaaghh" or "0110001"?

For me it was a battle between a friend and I. I had my sisters and he had space wolves(a fitting fight). The game was so bloody, both sides by turn six had only one model left each. I had a sister superior with a faith point, he a blood claw sergeant. He ended up turning my superior into a fine paste, but the sheer scale of destruction we both had was just cool.

In an Imperium of a million worlds, what is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
    ~Inquisition credo

He who allows the alien to live,
    shares its crime of existence.
    ~Inquisitor Apollyon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

I once had a Daemon Prince pound through a Tactical Squad of mine, leaving nothing alive except a Missile Launcher Marine, who turned and ran successfully. The Prince then peeled off to go attack a Dreadnought that had landed nearby. The M/L Marine then regrouped and shot the Daemon Prince right in the back, which under the old Codex killed him instantly. It was hot revenge for that marine.

Tekore

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lone scout fighting off against necron wraiths, what's not to love?

megabattle: everyone against tanks, it was kinda funny because I was the only one with a tank (that knew how to use it) and by tank, I meant a pred, dreadnought, and titan I borrowed from a friend, hurray for titans!
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Hmm... Coolest moment?

GW mega-battle, my side lost horribly, standing there watching as the last turn was played out by the one and only model left on our side of the table - a single Ultramarine with a missile launcher, hiding out in a fortified position. One Marine. 3000 points of extremely shooty Chaos Marines. Basilisks, Obliterators, Havocs, Predators, Vindicators, Defilers, Chaos Marine squads, Traitor Guard with Russes... They opened up with every gun they could carry - enough firepower to crack a continent... And he SURVIVED!!! From that day forth, he has been known as the "Iron Marine".

And speaking of Wraiths, I recently had my Chaplain with Artificer Armour go toe to toe with 9 Wraiths at once. I know, I know - ouch, poor guy, quick and messy death... Or not! Four and a half turns of combat, without losing a single wound! Of course, his luck ran out on turn 5 and he failed 9 saves all at once... But thanks to his tremendous efforts in tying up the Necron fast attack section, the rest of my army was free to wreak havoc - when they finally dragged him down, all it took was one more Bolter salvo to force them below their Phase-out point.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has to be when 10 chaos cultists, old alpha rules, killed 6 wolf guard terminators in one turn of shooting. With only las pistols.

Either that or when in a mega battle my friends 5 man wolf scout unit ran on from behind enemy lines and killed a eldar titain. And then I gunned his avatar to stop from ripping apart the scouts in question. Man, he was angry at me, mostly because I was on his side. But we laughed about it later.
    W/D/L
    Crimson Fists 0/0/0
    Dwarfs 0/0/0 (work in progress)
    Chaos Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Killing my friend (and arch-rival)'s tricked out BA Librarian in HtH..... with a gun drone =P

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Memorable? Reducing a mates Dark Eldar to only his Archon and retinue. Then he hit my lines.

Due to a lack of patience with such pansy things as "missions" at the time (took us years to work out missions were actually fun ) it was a last man standing thing.

Cue an entire Imperial Guard infantry company crowding round this bugger trying to bring him down...and....failing. Slaughtered to a man. They didnt even bottle it and run off (although we may have just got carried away and forgotten about such unimportant things as leadership tests )

Or (a last man standing game again) one unit of chosen chaos knights, due to a wildly improbable series of events, end up the last things on the table....except for a goblin bolt thrower....on the OTHER end of the table. Several turns of one knight at a time being slammed backwards out of the saddle and they panic. And get shot in the back on their way off

Although nothing beats the time I blew up my own Leman Russ with indiscriminate use of large calibre priojectiles at unneccessarily close range.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

My best moments were always with cultists, who i seem to have some sort of fetish for. One of my goals was not only to have my 6 pt cultists do something, but die the most spectacular way possible that any cultist would ever want to die. That moment happened (and actually was my last game w/ the old Chaos codex) when they charged a Daemonhunters dreadnaught, so there they were being killed by S 10, thats the best way to go. BUT, then, as DH have those ordinance blasts or w/e, the 'lance strike' or so scattered directly over my combat with the dreadnaught, my opponent looked on in disbelief but lucky for him, the hole of the blast was just a cm away.......However my whole cultist squad was bombarded, eliminated, and the survivors stepped on by the dreadnaught. Definately the best way possible for cultists to go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first favourite moment is when my chaplain + assault squad was whittled down to only the chaplain, and yet he managed to take down 2 entire CSM squads.

My second moment is when 5 bikers came into my powerfist tactical sergeant, and he killed one, followed by a sweeping advance that wiped all the bikers :party2:

Both were against the same chaos player hehe

ex-tookool126 DieHardSaintKildaSupporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a saints game during 1/4 time, i played a small combat patrol with my mate and we didnt get to finish it so i said if i roll a 6 st kilda will win the game from 4 goals down (trust me, st kilda players have less willpower than grots) and i win the combat patrol, i rolled that 6 and st kilda won the game. Now everytime i need a miracle in a footy game, i turn to warhammer .
    Signed Sealed Saint
    Fortius Quo Fidelius

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast