The most effective tank in the game is... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most effective tank in the game is...

What do you consider the best tank in the games based on points cost, usabilty, armour, weapons and effectiveness in relation to the army?

For me its the tooled-up Falcon. It packs a lot of punch in shooting, can take lots of damage before crashing and is a transport vehicle too! Don't forget that its fast, so it can move 24" to grab an objective or escape from enemy fire after it has downgraded yet another potentially dangerous "stun" result to "shaken". Did I mention it can't be destroyed by an immobilised result? It is costly though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x2)

i don't think you'll find anyone who thinks there's a better overall tank then a tooled-up falcon. Many a player has called cheese on that thing. and to be honest, you can get a decent falcon for 175, which is NOTHING compared to much much less resilient tanks (LRC is 250 if i recall correctly)

The only thing that gets close to staying on the table as long as a falcon is the Necron Monolith, which is much more expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by king88mob View Post
    i don't think you'll find anyone who thinks there's a better overall tank then a tooled-up falcon. Many a player has called cheese on that thing. and to be honest, you can get a decent falcon for 175, which is NOTHING compared to much much less resilient tanks (LRC is 250 if i recall correctly)

The only thing that gets close to staying on the table as long as a falcon is the Necron Monolith, which is much more expensive.
    Yeah, i was gonna recommend the falcon too, nigh indestructible, but if you mean a tank like modern tanks, i'd say the leman russ.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeeJerrum View Post
    What do you consider the best tank in the games based on points cost, usabilty, armour, weapons and effectiveness in relation to the army?

For me its the tooled-up Falcon. It packs a lot of punch in shooting, can take lots of damage before crashing and is a transport vehicle too! Don't forget that its fast, so it can move 24" to grab an objective or escape from enemy fire after it has downgraded yet another potentially dangerous "stun" result to "shaken". Did I mention it can't be destroyed by an immobilised result? It is costly though.

How about the Empire Steam Tank

Just kidding - arrgghhh.. don't shoot me with that laser I only have leather armour !
    http://whfm.blogspot.com (inspiring Warhammer !) http://battlereporter.blogspot.com (Warhammer News) http://battlereporter.freeforums.org (my WFB forum) http://2d6.blogspot.com (180+ battle reports) http://naut1.blogspot.com (new WFB army - Nauticans)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

I will not vote for the falcon as it's stupid that it can be made invincible for an even lesser cost than most tanks.

resident iconoclast Left of West's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x3)

How 'bout the Hammerhead? 175 points makes the Hammerhead a great, tough gunboat. Compared to the Falcon it has a better Ballistics Skill, much better guns, it can shoot as if it were a fast vehicle, so it gets the benifits of the Skimmers Moving Fast rule while retaining its ability to shoot.

It's better against tanks, it's better against infantry, and if it doesn't have Holo Fields and a Spirit Stone, it does have front AV 13 and Decoy Launchers. It isn't as fast, but that Railgun has crazy-good range.

Hammerhead definitely ranks among the top tanks in the game, giving even the cheese-mobile Falcon a run for its money.
    Once again, the conservative, sandwich-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreachon View Post
    I will not vote for the falcon as it's stupid that it can be made invincible for an even lesser cost than most tanks.
    Yeah, but the question posed in this thread was in regards to the best tank, not the cheesiest or most stupid or what have you. Just saying is all ;Y
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Falcon, tho Fire Prism is a close second, especially in pairs. I'm a bit worried about the rumored changes to the vehicle system making skimmers less durable to balance this out as my Tau vehicles may suffer. >_< They could have instead just make holo fields as expensive as they are awsome. Personally I think the holo field rule could have been the same as venerable and still been good.
    KROOT

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Falcon?? indestructible?? tough?? we are talking about eldar falcons yeah???

Personaly i never have many problems against them, my brother plays eldar and while i see it is an effective tank i neve rhave much trouble, but then agains some people are better against certain things than others, im sure i find some things difficult to beat that others dont.

I think the Lemen Russ is a damn good tank, followed up by the preadetor.

Though my all time favorite.....

the mo fo BANEBLADE!!!
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

I think bang for buck, though. the predator with autocannons/lascannon sponsons is probably my vote for all around beatstick. Consider that the falcon, as awesome as it is, as hard as it is to destroy, is still rather pricy in points.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast