Is this a problem? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a problem?

Just yesterday, I went to my hobby shop with my Deathwing army that I finally finished to play a couple games. As I started to pull my terminators out, some little kid came over to me a was looking at my army, he stated that I couldn't use my army. When I asked why not, he said that some of my bases are illegal. After a little searching, I realized he was talking about my 3rd. Ed. Terminators. (I had cut out bases from cardboard that were the exact diameter and almost the exact height.) I asked why that was a problem, and he said it was because I wasn't using GW bases, and then started to tell everyone in the shop not to play with/against me because of my bases.

If I you were going to play against my Deathwing, would you have a problem with me making some of my bases out cardboard?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

Slap him!

In fact, I believe you can put your models on any base you see fit, providing it is not smaller than intended. So, next time, put them on 4x2 concrete slabs and drop them on his head
    Nothing to see here, please move along.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Off course not, the little twit deserve a good ole dreadsock

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Weezhard View Post
    No.

Slap him!

In fact, I believe you can put your models on any base you see fit, providing it is not smaller than intended. So, next time, put them on 4x2 concrete slabs and drop them on his head
    This is the answer, and the appropriate response.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Ardvark View Post
    If I you were going to play against my Deathwing, would you have a problem with me making some of my bases out cardboard?
    I would have a problem only if you wrote "Terminator" on them and tried to substitute them for an actual mini. :rofl
    Otherwise you could make your bases of toilet paper for all I care and it wouldn't make a difference - as long as its size is legal, the base is legal!

resident iconoclast Left of West's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x3)

As's been said, you are specifically given license to use whatever you want to use for bases, so long as they are not smaller (and I presume they're talking about the area of the footprint, here, though it isn't entirely clear) than the ones the models came with.

That's it. Your gamestore kid was wrong, as they tend to be. I don't advise violence. That sort of thing gets you arrested and imprisoned, not to mention kicked out of the store. Just show him the rule (it's in the front, under the 'models' section, somewhere--sorry, but I don't have a specific reference) and tell him to bugger off.
    Once again, the conservative, sandwich-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

1) the kid was being a jerk.

2) on one hand, the kid has a point, you are technically "supposed" to put them on the bigger medium "GW" bases. though since you have cardboard (and if you can prove the same size) then no big deal.

3) refer back to 1)
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a follow up question along the same lines:

When modeling my IG heavy weapon teams, I want to base them separately, putting the weapon and firer on a Large base (40mm instead of the supplied 60mm) and the second man on the typical 25mm base.

Would this fit the rule that the bases can't be smaller than the bases supplied? Even though the bases are smaller, there are two of them now. Anyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

I've seen someone approach this very thing in a creative way.
    So the weapon, firer and ammo-monkey all fit on the same base.
    You PUT the ammo-monkey on his own base, and cut a hole in the big base to fit him in, so when he dies, you remove him only. (I'm assuming this is why you are taking about putting them on separate bases.

(I'm a packer-backer too. )
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The casualty aspect is one reason, but to get around that, I'll probably use magnets. The other issue was for manuevering around terrain with those giant bases. It kinda seems ridiculous that all terrain must have a 60mm ledge in order to be used for firepower now. But I figured a 40mm base would be easier to get into jungle terrain and up on the ledges. I do like that idea of basing them together, but separately, though.

Packers are having a great season!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast