would you give up warhammer? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you ever give up warhammer for any reason?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

32 58.18%
  • absolutely not

23 41.82%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

would you give up warhammer?

Hello. I was just wondering what would it take for you to give up warhammer(or whatever you do). is there anything in your life that would make you so happy you would just forget about warhammer or would you say "Over my dead body, I aint giving up warhammer unless you kill me!"

I came home from NYC for my 6 week vacation. at first i was like 'OMG I'm so happy i get to do nothing but warhammer for 6 weeks straight.' but now that im here im like, 'OMG i miss my GF so much i wish i could just go back to NYC' and i realised that i would give up warhammer just to spend time with her.

so what would it take for you to throw aside your plastic men?

That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Well, if I had no one to play with I would put 40k on hold, of course. I have to do that sometimes because Warmachine and Battletech are very popular at my local store right now.

Beyond that, I've been peeved enough at GW that I made my Scout Marines using no official minis at all (Starship Troopers!). Both the Tau and Chaos revisions have taken a lot of fun out of the hobby for me and they really need to start putting some effort into fluff and conversion possibilities to keep me long-term. I've already shelved my Guard army plans for the near future.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a hobby, they come and go.

Unless you work for GW, it is NOT YOUR LIFE!

Just had to yell that one out, he'll know when he reads it...
    |T|O|O|-|L|A|Z|Y|-my anti-drug

The rep button () is your friend!

Be off-topic and visit www.theopia.com

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

"Anything" is a broad category. There are certainly plenty of things that would make me give up the hobby. If Jack Bauer was to show up at my door and put a gun to my head, pulling the trigger unless I quit playing with miniature soldiers Right Now, then I would go ahead with the quitting. So there's at least one possibility.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Well you seem to only give us to extreme options, either quit or don't quit, Depending on the reason I might give it up, if money became an issue I would probably stop buying new stuff, but continue with what i have and finish painting what I have. Maybe one day i just get bored of it and give it up then, If I was told to give it up, buy a girlfriend lets say making demands saying it's her or the hobby, I would most likely stick with the hobby, since a woman that demanding isn't worth staying with, and probably won't work out in the long run anyways.

Sometimes you may be forced to give it up in a way to, if you were to move to a small area, with no one who plays in the area, and it's a very long drive to a hobby shop or gaming store, but if that happen to me I would try maybe once a month or every other month to go to a tournament or gaming store, even if it was a long drive, think of it as a fishing trip with warhammer in place of fishing.

but there are times when I do loose interest, or I've had to much of it in a short time, Like going to a tournament that would last a weekend playing 5-6 games in a row, after a weekend like that I can go without warhammer for a few weeks or so since I've had a good fill of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Meh, it's a hobby. I'd give it up if it stopped being fun and enjoyable. This is one of the reasons I'm slowly fading out of 40k and into Warmachine/Hordes. Still going strong in LotR and Fantasy though .

But honestly, work, school, relationships have all cut back on my time I get to play, but I still do get in games or paint when I have the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

what if it was like saw three, and all your minis were in a furnas and you cant get them out, and you have to turn it on or some random dude dies, would you ignite your minis or let the guy die...

personally i'd let the twerp die;?, but meh saw three was a terrible movie anyway:rofl
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

If I had me a girly, I'd be pretty sure to stop, because I wouldn't have the time (unless of course she was into gaming too )
    so I guess that just makes it a "time-waster" hobby.....although it does allow me to be creative in a non-maim/mutilating way, so that's got to be a good thing too......
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

I think "Waagh!: The Musical" might do me in.

NAWWWWWW I'm just playin. I'd have front row seats! Cue sad rooftop "Aladdin" scene:

"When will I be Warboossssssss?"

Nothing could make me give up Warhammer.
    2H - LEGIO HYDRA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a love hate relationship with my warhammer sometimes im really into 40k and sometimes im really into fantasy, but i believe i will never stop buying warhammer! i mean when i started my first army which was chaos for 40k i said i will stop at 3000pts i now have roughly 10k its rediculous and im still looking to get more. i think im hooked

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast