Which would you prefer? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Be sucked into the Warp

16 76.19%
  • Die normally and be tortured by Slaanesh

5 23.81%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Which would you prefer?

If you were an Eldar and somehow had you spirit stone shot off. Would you prefer to be sucked into the Warp or spend eternity being tortured by Slaanesh? Would they be very different anyway?

Last edited by Shiz_Vaerth; December 30th, 2007 at 20:25.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    "I am, Shiz_Vaerth! Guardian of Dyren'thya! Keeper of the gateway to the legendary, BLACK LIBRARY! User of the pipes, and wielder of the eternal blade of Dublin"
    Diplomacy: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Join the
    Children of Isha

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

eldar dont get sucked into the warp if they lose it, the way it works is that when an eldar dies the stone captures his soul, so he doent end up being taken by slannesh, if he were to lose his gem in combat but survive he would just have to make a new one, if he were to lose it then die he would be taken by she who thirsts for all eternitiy, until the rhana dandra, when the spirits of all the dead eldar will return to do battle alongside their kin and finaly destroy slaanesh.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

As said above, being sucked into the warp means a 1/4 chance of slaneesh having you. losing your soulstone, then dying means 100%. Both suck equally as they are the same thing when it all boils down.

Now, the real question, shot in the kneecaps and pushed into freezing cold ocean with no land within 100 miles, or razorblade slide into sufurinc acid lemonade pool?
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I know you don't get get sucked into the warp by simply losing your stone. I should refrse the question to "If you were an Eldar and somehow had you spirit stone shot off. Would you prefer to jump in front of a wraithguard/find some way to be sucked into the warps or risk dying and spend eternity being tortured by Slaanesh?"
    "I am, Shiz_Vaerth! Guardian of Dyren'thya! Keeper of the gateway to the legendary, BLACK LIBRARY! User of the pipes, and wielder of the eternal blade of Dublin"
    Diplomacy: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Join the
    Children of Isha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all honesty, being tortured by Slanessh doesn't seem that bad (after reading "Fulgrim,") I mean he would make every pain so pleasureful that you would beg for more..... Holy crap I think Ineed to purge myself. I can't believe I just said that it would be better to be tortued... i must be possessed by a greater deamon of Slanessh.

-V
    Veni Vidi Vici
    "The plan is to win, if we don't win its cause you guys didn't follow the plan!"
    Eldar: 25,000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

it depends where abouts in the warp, i presume its a big place. i've had a few warp spiders lost to the warp and my avatar was sent to the warp by a that tzeentch lord. if i bumped i happened to bump into one of them i might be able to survice abit longer, maybe kill a demon and become a special character myself. its a hard question, i'll go for the warp with probably a one in billion chance of bumping into one of my eldar

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

again,t he question is pointless, if you get sucked into the warp, she would get you anyway, seeing as the chaos gods live in the warp, the question is null.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Hence the second question: Would it really be that different?
    I thought of this when i asked myself the same question and decided I wouyld rather be lost to the warp and be eaten by daemons (or whatever happens in the warp) just to spite her. Ithought it might also be an excellant chance to learn more about what happens in the warp. I know grots that travel through it go insane, but Warp spiders can handle it so long as they don't spend too much time in there. Then there is perils of the warp attack where I understand a daemon follows the psychic thread to the psyker and kills him from within. So I'm a bit sketchy on it.

Join the
    Children of Isha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

it isn’t nesserely void didn’t one of the phoenix lords go in to the warp to save some lost eldar

also you guys might be taking the topic a little too seriously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Now, the real question, shot in the kneecaps and pushed into freezing cold ocean with no land within 100 miles, or razorblade slide into sufurinc acid lemonade pool?
    Oh, the razorblade slide into the sulfuric acid lemonade pool without a doubt. I mean, at least you'll be clean shaven and lemonade tastes nice (and face it, the sulfuric acid gives it more of a taste of NZ)

you guys might be taking the topic a little too seriously
    I second that notion.

And Munch, the phoenix Lord was the dread Maugan Ra, who took ages to rescue his beloved homeworld of Altansar.

Finally, for the second question, Grots going insane isn't all that extreme. And the Warp Spiders would spend all their lives training themselves to use the warp safely. But hey, the glory they'd get is incredible.

-AFG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast