apocalypse scale models for fantasy?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

apocalypse scale models for fantasy??

do you guys think that GW will ever make any giant models for Warhammer Fantasy like they Did for 40k? sure, there is the chaos deamons, and war mamoth thing from Forge world, but wouldnt it be cool to have really big dragons, and constructions of the like (maybe that giant flagellant sigmar contruction)? Afterall, there are many players who play 10000 point battles, and need to use infantry/heros the fill up those points.

COMMISSIONS NOW UP: www.powerklawkommissioning.com
    Don't quite have the time to paint?
    Check out the site - Great prices, Great painting!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Ever is a long time, but I don't think it'll happen soon if ever. Also I dont know about how many do 10k battles in fantasy. "Many" seems a bit... extreme...
    I think it comes down to fantasy being more orientated towards movement trays...

For those who don't understand, I don't care Might come back tomorrow if nobody gets what I am saying.
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

It's very unlikely because there aren't a huge amount of big things which they could make for fantasy. Forgeworld already do the greater daemons, war mammoth and a couple of dragons, and there's not much more other than perhaps some more big monsters. 40k has much more scope for the large models which is why they have so many.

I seriously doubt that GW would make any huge fantasy models, since even forgeworld has only made those few. If GW were to make some it would have to be for an Apocalypse style supplement which just doesn't really suit fantasy like it does 40k.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

I certainly hope not, it's not what the game is about.
    Up, up and away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Well with the success of apocalypse GW may try to introduce an epic fantasy type style of game. I know the have warmaster and such, but they may do something that will allow players to field units of giants, chariots, shaggoths, and other large models into single units, and introduce rules that will allow people to field massive units of 50+, since now the only benefit of having more models is to outnumbering and keep all your ranks longer, so if 20 saurus are in combat with 200 goblins the saurus will probably win since they will kill a whole lot of goblins and the goblins with only have there +5 for CR.

personally I wouldn't mind seeing these types of rules introduced into fantasy, I'm a huge fantasy player and wouldn't mind seeing and epic scale fantasy battle rules set, and you could really go back and re-enact some of the truly large battles in warhammer history. Also it would finally make sense for some of the special characters to lead armies and such, Tyrian would finaly be able to lead the size of force he is accustomed to, Archion would trully be able to bring his horde into play, and so on and so forth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

of course, i certainly agree with you guys, i was just thinking they could come out with a couple larger models (both size and points-wise) so be able to incorparate into bigger battles. they could also make things like a larger/to-scale steam tank
    COMMISSIONS NOW UP: www.powerklawkommissioning.com
    Don't quite have the time to paint?
    Check out the site - Great prices, Great painting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

I don't think it would work but if they did make anything i'd really want a giant robotic wooden knight for my bretonian army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Giant models ala 40k super heavies? No, very unlikely. A rulesset that allows for massive battles with additional rules for having lotsa troops in units and perhaps for shooting "rains of arrows" with bowmen and so on? Yup, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A dwarven airship/zeppelin (ala the 3rd Gotrek/Felix novel) would be amazing though....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    Giant models ala 40k super heavies? No, very unlikely. A rulesset that allows for massive battles with additional rules for having lotsa troops in units and perhaps for shooting "rains of arrows" with bowmen and so on? Yup, that wouldn't surprise me at all.
    I see this happening too, perhaps with a few large creatures thrown in.

Fantasy (beast) models i can see coming where this to happen:

-Mammoths
    -Large dino's for lizardmen
    -Elephaunt type elephants
    -Huge (mature) dragons
    -Enourmous skaven constructs

And perhaps some kind of massive rolling, steam-powered temple for the empire.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast