Horus Heresy: Rating - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -78 (x0)

Horus Heresy: Rating

Horus Rising: Fairly good, shows and explains alot of the story line. 7/10
    False Gods: Improving on the story and much more action. 7/10
    Galaxy In Flames: Intertwines with several other books a must read. 8/10
    Flight of the Eisenstein: See the world threw one of the big players in the heresy the Death Guard: 8/10
    Fulgrim: By far the most action and most enjoyable to read thus far, following the Emperors Children to there decent. 9/10
    Descent of Angels: A look into the past when the Emperor was first finding the Primarchs. 6/10
    Overall rating 8/10

With names like "Legion, Battle for the Abyss" we seem to be able to look foward to seeing much more fighting and seeing how far Horus will truely go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

If you are going to rate books, talk a bit more about it! Tell us about the plot, the characters and how they evolve, themes or such things. At the moment this review is not very good at all since you don't explain a lot why you think about teh books like you do.

Please expand on it more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-78 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    If you are going to rate books, talk a bit more about it! Tell us about the plot, the characters and how they evolve, themes or such things. At the moment this review is not very good at all since you don't explain a lot why you think about teh books like you do.

Please expand on it more.
    Nearly all books follow people you will rearly if ever hear about again, so to say Garro is in one or Travis is quite pointless. As well HATE spoilers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

You don't have to tell the entire plot, but the basic outline of it is always good to have. Haven't you done book reviews in school? Take them as examples.

My point is that you won't interest anyone by saying "This book is good read it 7/10".
    A review that writes about the main characters, the plot and such things is far more interesting to read and will, without doubt, be more likely to influence a reader to pick up the book.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Having read a couple of them I find the Horus Heresy books rather disappointing--sort of like reading a Greek tragedy you know the outcome of, but it doesn't work as well for sci-fi. There is nothing novel or interesting going on, really, just how the Heresy might reasonably have taken place. (Okay, the Eisenstein was one tough little frigate.) It really needs some subplots and plot twists, be a little less linear. I suppose the character delvelopment is good, given how Marines tend to have suppressed personality and individuality.

So why do I buy the books?
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my opinion, if you've read the first book "horus rising" then you've read the the next three. why do I say that? the following three are basiclly the same story but substitute main characters/legions. well actually the first was probably the best that I've read so far, having read up to Eisenstien! I a little afraid to read any further for fear of reading the same story over again!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x2)

So far I am loving the novels, though I do have a few problems with it:

1. Primarch awe- After about the sixth time I read about a Space Marine in awe of a primarch I was fed up with it, listen writers we get it, the primarchs are like jesus christ in power armour, stop forcing it down our throats.

2. Repetitive story- The Isstivan III massacre has happened multiple times now, and like many others on here I'm a bit passed it. Luckily the next few books are away from the massacre and are moving forward so I look forward to improvement.

Really my only two complaints, the character development and battles along with a look finally into this fabled era is amazing, and I look forward to the ending with a bit of sadness =/

+ Reply to Thread