Any Rough Luck Stories - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Rough Luck Stories

Anyone who has played 40k has had bad luck at some point.
    Whether it’s a lone scout taking out 5 berserkers or 4 veteran sergeants dying in one turn due to plasma overheats (something that has happened to me personally)
    I just wanted to hear some good old-fashioned rough luck stories

Have at it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

First and last time I ever used the Veil of Darkness on my Necron Lord. Took a unit of 10 Warriors with him, scattered onto the enemy and it cost me the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During my third game ever my friend and I scraped together about 1500 points of Eldar and Guard to play a two-on-one game against another friends Necrons. My Leman Russ(the only thing we had that could scratch his Monolith) got decimated by Destroyers on turn two. By the end of turn three my cannon fodder bit the dust and my friend was well on his way to single-handedly annhilating us with no casualties. It was pretty pathetic.
    When in deadly danger,
    When beset by doubt,
    Run in little circles,
    Wave your arms and shout.
    -Parody of the Litany of Command

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Rough luck? Let's see... 6 Grey Knight Termies, led by a Grandmaster. 10 man tactical squad, all bolters. One shooting phase at around 10 inches later... 6 dead termies, 1 wound left on the GM. I just stared at all the ones and shook my head. Granted, old Nashorn (my GM) utterly devoured the Tacticals when he went looking for revenge next turn, but still, 8 ones out of 11 or 12 saves! Aargh!!!
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Rough luck? Let's see... 6 Grey Knight Termies, led by a Grandmaster. 10 man tactical squad, all bolters. One shooting phase at around 10 inches later... 6 dead termies, 1 wound left on the GM. I just stared at all the ones and shook my head. Granted, old Nashorn (my GM) utterly devoured the Tacticals when he went looking for revenge next turn, but still, 8 ones out of 11 or 12 saves! Aargh!!!
    I've had the opposite actually. In a small game of FB, my High Elves against a fried's ogres, my spearmen managed to cause an absolute bucketload of wounds on his leadbelchers - probably about two thirds of my attacks actually wounded, but then he rolled his saves (they had a spell that gave them a regeneration save) and passed all but one of them. That was a case of great rolling on both sides, but it was quite annyting to see all of my spearmen's good work go to waste like that.

Talking of dice rolling, actually, the other week I saw a game where there was one particular die which rolled a 6 nearly every time one of the players used it, but whenever his opponent used it I can't remember it scoring higher than about 3, and it was usually 1. After a few rolls with that I was vrtually on the floor laughing...
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

6 Raveners charged 5 Terminators, 30 attacks, 0 rends. Terminators kill 1 ravener. Next combat phase, 5 raveners make 20 attacks, 0 rends. Terminators kill 1 ravener. Next combat phase, 4 raveners make 16 attacks, 0 rends. Terminators kill 1 ravener. Next combat phase, 3 raveners make 12 attacks, 0 rends. Terminators lose one to regular wounds, kill 1 ravener. Next phase, 2 raveners make 8 attacks, 8 rends. Sigh. 78 attacks with 0 6's, then 8 attacks with 8. Still barely over half of what odds were.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Cleanse mission, 1250 points. My IG vs. Vanilla marines. Drop army with vindicator in reserves. I deploy and get first turn, tanks are in reserves.

Bottom of turn 2, entire marine army, save vindicator, comes in. All land on target. 4 tactical squads proceed to annihilate my army. One squad with a good chance of returning fire runs off after 3 casualties.

Top of 4, my tanks come in. I also sucessfully manage to kill a squad of 10 down to all save one marine...who has a flamer.

Bottom of 6, a handful of hardened vets hold out in the middle of the table. I have 5 models left on the board.

Worst loss I've ever had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my early games versus Tau with my Eldar;

I was rolling up his flank, having taken out his skyray and a unit of 3 battlesuits. Minimal casaulties on my side. A second unit of 3 suits jump in. My entire army shoots at these three suits, guided scatterlasers, 2 dire avenger bladestorms, 8 Warp spiders, a falcon and a serpent to kill essentially 6 Space Marines (6 wounds, 3+save) he made 27 consecutive 3+ saves. GG right there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by MVBrandt View Post
    6 Raveners charged 5 Terminators, 30 attacks, 0 rends. Terminators kill 1 ravener. Next combat phase, 5 raveners make 20 attacks, 0 rends. Terminators kill 1 ravener. Next combat phase, 4 raveners make 16 attacks, 0 rends. Terminators kill 1 ravener. Next combat phase, 3 raveners make 12 attacks, 0 rends. Terminators lose one to regular wounds, kill 1 ravener. Next phase, 2 raveners make 8 attacks, 8 rends. Sigh. 78 attacks with 0 6's, then 8 attacks with 8. Still barely over half of what odds were.
    I was going to tell my tail of stealers and rending lacking, but its poor in comparison to this -- what offence did you make to the dice gods for 4 rounds without 6s (and more importantly what offering did you make to get 8 all at once after that?)

but I can tell you of my loss to Tau; 2 turns, 2 hammer heads with rail guns against 30 stealers at range. Result - 30 dead stealers and the backbone of my army shattered! (even before the stealers could do a thing!)

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Last man standing 40k related game during a lunch-break. Probably 3rd edition

One chaos lord running past the front of my Leman Russ MBT. Exactly 6" away from said tank.

Battlecannon fires, scatter dice happens. Leman Russ blows itself up.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast