Horus Heresy: Legion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Horus Heresy: Legion

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ok, just fin the Legion book and OMG! WTF! i thought it was fantastic, Omegon and Alpharius?! Twin primarch?!. that makes me thing WHICH ONE DID GUILLIMAN KILL!!! and where is the other? Could that be why the Alpha legions effectiveness didnt get affected when he died?

And, Chaos... For the Emperor?! woah! im totaly mind frazzled at the moment and need people to talk with this!!!

So, your Theories and oppinions on the book??

PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

My question regarding the twins is did one get created when the primachs were cast in to the warp, or does this explain one of the missing primachs?
    The "one soul in 2 vessels" bit kinda indicates 'split in the warp' to me.
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherAzriel View Post
    Omegon and Alpharius?! Twin primarch?!. ??
    That right their alone, killed any hope for GW fluff for me. These new Horus Heresy novels not only manage to kill and ruin almost everything taht was good bout the original HH stuff, but also manages to piss on it's grave.

Thanks BL/GW, thanks for ruining you're fluff to a point that it may never be healed even slightly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm jst about coming up halfway on the book at the moment, and i must admit, its pretty awesome!

I was kinda taken aback that there is a Character (Grammaticus) who is a being just like the Emperor... i mean, wow, and to have been around when the Unification Wars were going on, thats ancient!

Then theres the Cabal... to have poked about with Humanity when we were still less than Cavemen?

I cant say i know how you feel if your one who has read and known the previous HH fluff etc, but i cant help but feel interested in learning so much more! its like, 3+ different time systems i want to learn about

I have got to finish the book and find out what happens etc, and then i'll probably return and be even more excited :p

Now... what was the Emperor thinking John? What was he thinking! 8X

Shaabhekh :happy:
    In the name of the Emperor and for the Glory of the Imperium... Gimme Back My Girlfriend! :(

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantin View Post
    That right their alone, killed any hope for GW fluff for me. These new Horus Heresy novels not only manage to kill and ruin almost everything taht was good bout the original HH stuff, but also manages to piss on it's grave.

Thanks BL/GW, thanks for ruining you're fluff to a point that it may never be healed even slightly.
    Konstantin, since 1st Ed. WH40k a.k.a; Rogue Trader first came out, that was originally set pre-heresy.
    GW evolved the game over the years, piling more and more fluff into the galaxy, it's the stuff that BL pumps out that brings life into the game as well as to make a bit more profit out of it on GW's behalf.
    Yeah, I agree that some of it is crappy, but fluff is evolving in WHFB and WH40K and that's what makes these universes more enjoyable, not just staying in one time period!

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

Besides, when has it ever specifically stated that Alpharius was just one Primarch? It's never stated and I think is a very logical explanation for why the Alpha Legion is able to continue operating despite the fact that they lost their Primarch. Besides the fact that they were all trained to operate independently and in secrecy I mean. If this wasn't the case, I have a feeling they would have lost their Primarch's vision long ago - many already have and became true Chaos Space Marines as a result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NiteRabbit View Post
    Besides, when has it ever specifically stated that Alpharius was just one Primarch? It's never stated and I think is a very logical explanation for why the Alpha Legion is able to continue operating despite the fact that they lost their Primarch. Besides the fact that they were all trained to operate independently and in secrecy I mean. If this wasn't the case, I have a feeling they would have lost their Primarch's vision long ago - many already have and became true Chaos Space Marines as a result.
    I was just wondering that as i finished the book only 30 mins ago lol

I wouldnt mind knowing as to where along the lines, things went wrong. if they were supposed to be following the Cabals plan and joining Horus to, in the long run, exterminate Humanity then shouldnt it have gone according to plan? theres a mishap here and a big one if things didnt go as Cabal and others had planned/farseen.

Also, what happened to the Alpha Legion as to why they are now sided with Chaos? or is that a misconception? are we made to believe that AL are bad guys, based on those who have 'Lost the Primarchs Vision' and just taken/ing the easy path?

Are there still 'good' AL out there that we dont get told about because they are 'so good' and have continued to do the Emperors bidding?

Or are they doing there own agenda by destroying Humanity/the Imperium for our own good? i mean, they chose to side with Horus to destroy Humanity so that Chaos couldnt wield us like a weapon, based on the Cabals 'Acuity' so maybe they are doing what they said they would do all along? and are now trying to undermine the Imperium and make it collapse so that Chaos cant 'devour the galaxy' with Humanity as its weapon, to make amends for the failure of the Cabals plan...

Does any of that make sense?

Shaabhekh :happy:
    In the name of the Emperor and for the Glory of the Imperium... Gimme Back My Girlfriend! :(

+ Reply to Thread