If not for LO, would you still be collecting WH/WH40K? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: if Lo didn't exist, would you still be in the hobby?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!! The happy drugs are too powerful and i love GW figures too much (or whatever reason)

48 50.00%
  • No. I have too many in-and-out phases to be thoroughly interested (or whatever reason)

18 18.75%
  • Yes, but I'd only have a little bit (say, less than what yu do now)

19 19.79%
  • Other (please state)

11 11.46%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

If not for LO, would you still be collecting WH/WH40K?

It just occurred to me today that without LO, my life as a GW-Hobbyist would be pretty much dead.

I imagine it's to do with the fact that this is a good community which allows one to talk about the hobby, help others with it etc.

Either way, I was wondering (and this may require a bit of soul searching), would you still be collecting your respective GW game if not for LO? (or even Warseer or something else).

-AFG

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

I would, but without the dynamic duo of LO and Warseer, I'd be so much less informed about... well, everything gaming.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

as above, I've learned a lot from here whether it be tactics or just plain usefulness of units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Seconded. I started the hobby eight years ago, and never really had a place to
    check on rules, etc.
    Now I can no longer go without LO. It's a place of knowledge and properly spelled
    posts ;Y with friendly members. Hail LO!
    ------------------------------------
    Innovation suffuses this hobby like a tea bag in the boiling water of play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Yes and No.
    Its hard to say for me really. I've been with LO for so long now that its hard to think of leaving, or being without it. And running the meet every year reinforces it really. (While I might lurk more than I probably should. I would really miss running those meets D:!)

That said, LO wasn't the reason I got into the hobby. But, considering GW prices and the way its changed over the years, it would be fair to say that because LO has been there, it has kept me in the hobby, and dragged me back from the abyss more than a few times. Whether it be wanting to show off my new minis or just missing its awesome members, doesn't matter. So aye, I guess if it wasn't for the forum, I would play a lot less, or would be playing more of other game systems... and would probably have more money too....
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Yeah I would, but it would not be the same thing without all the great people here on LO. They are a big part of the fun I have with the hobby.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

I think im in a similar position to AFG. I rarely play or paint any more, and without LO I would be totally out of things when it came to new releases etc. I enjoy being here and helping other people out, but if it weren't for that then i don't think id look back twice at Fantasy to be honest.

is a Brother of Arterius Bleyden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

For me it is a definite no.

I was really into GW from 2001-2003 but after that I had exams and just didnt have the time, then our gaming group at school broke up and I had no one to play. I went to the GW in Kingston but they didnt let me play my unpainted minis (They were Space Crusade minis. Why on earth would I want to paint them!)

I since found this website Ive really got back into the hobby, and now im starting a lizardmen army for Tale of Painters.

If it wasnt for LO I would have nothing to do with the hobby anymore.
    Best Oxymorons:
    3. Marital Bliss 2. Military Intelligence 1. MICROSOFT WORKS
    Vassal Record 1-2.
    bleyden.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Imperialis_Dominatus View Post
    I would, but without the dynamic duo of LO and Warseer, I'd be so much less informed about... well, everything gaming.
    Same here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

Speaking as someone who is heavily involved in LO and Druchii.net, I'd certainly miss them if one or the other went offline. I'd be looking at my screen, blinking, and saying "Now what?"

(Get out more, possibly )

Would it affect my playing? No. My gaming doesn't really influence my forum presence (as such), and my forum presence doesn't really change who I am as a gamer.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast