Why can't I stop buying?! and why can't you? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Why can't I stop buying?! and why can't you?

Hiya,
    I've been playing for years and I got 7 Fantasy armies, 4 40k armies, and 5 warbands for mordheim. Everytime I get and army over 3500pts I feel compelled to buy a new army. I think I have a problem, but then again I think most of us are like this. Tell me where you are at with you're collection and how/when you plan to stop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Hmmm... comparatively I'm not too bad. I've got 8k worth of Dark Angels, about 2.5k worth of Eldar and about 5k worth of Wood Elves. After I finish painting my Dark Angels I'll start another FB army, though I haven't decided which yet. The size of my Dark Angels list is mostly due to Apocalypse, whereas the size of the Wood Elves is due to me buying a bunch of stuff before I knew what I was doing.

I don't have a problem. I can quit whenever I want to!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it is more of a "why can't I pick an army" problem. I own the Eldar, CSM, SM, Nids, Tau, DA, BT, and DE codecies. I also have a problem picking games, as right now I am getting into 3: 40k, FoW, and WHFB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got back into the hobby after a few years of down time. I sold my ~3000 points of Space Wolves and IG when I quit. I thought i'd just buy a few bits to get into painting again but I've ended up spending £400+ to get a 3000+ pt Black Templar army

Victorus aut Mortis Shad0w_Reaper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by zenith_tau View Post
    Hiya,
    I've been playing for years and I got 7 Fantasy armies, 4 40k armies, and 5 warbands for mordheim. Everytime I get and army over 3500pts I feel compelled to buy a new army. I think I have a problem, but then again I think most of us are like this. Tell me where you are at with you're collection and how/when you plan to stop.
    I know how you feel, each time I finish an army, I go and start another one, every spare doller I get, goes straight back into 40k. Ive got Templars, Tyranids, Thousand Sons, Tau (Didnt notice that but they all start with T :ninja3. When I finish my Thousand Sons, I want to pick up my Fantasy army again (Bretonnians) or start a completely new army, possibly an elven kind of some sort or lizardmen. Oh, and after that, I had plans for an elven army in Lord of the Rings too...its like an addiction I tell you, I just cant stop, and probly wont until GW closes down and discontinues everything...
    Space Wolves (Under Construction) | Circle of Orboros (Under Construction)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can attest to the same issues. I had some down time in the hobby as well a few years ago. I have had 3000pts of old Dark angels, 2500 Dark Eldar and probably about 5000 of Craftworld eldar before I got out of the hobby. I sold them all off. But the only one I did keep, and not mention, was my 2500 points of Dark Elves. Now, I still have my old Dark Elves, another 4-6000 of eldar, not too sure anymore, have soo many models still packed up, around 2500-3000 of new Dark Angels, and am still awaiting new rules before rebuilding my Dark Eldar. I do think alot of us can agree, it does seem like an addiction. But hey, its a hobby. It wouldn't be a hobby if it ended shortly after we completed what was actually needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

I have never advanced an army beyond 1500 points. I am known at the FLGS as the guy who can never pick a race. I have not started Fantasy because my attention keeps getting grabbed by 40k and all the army ideas I have for it. Same thing goes for Lord of the Rings. Oh, and did I mention that Hordes addiction I also have? Yeah it's difficult for me, as I'm sure it is for all of us...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

If anyone says they don't have this problem, then they're probably lying!

I started off about one and a half years ago with High Elves, but I was constantly having ideas for other armies too. After I got the HE to about 2000 points I went out and bought about 2000 points of Orcs and Goblins, half finished them then forgot about them and decided to branch out into 40k. I bought Macragge and a few other bits, then abandoned them and went back to my High Elves.

I suppose I'm quite lucky in that whatever armies I'm tempted to start, I know I will come back to the High Elves, so the cash I spend on them isn't likely to be "wasted".
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same problem

My problem is that i have recently started to get seriously back into it and the place i work has a GW in it so i go there almost every day. and that means i pretty much buy something at everyone of my shifts which i like but still its a lot.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

I quit for 8 years, then wantt 2acouple of marines".
    Then I wanted to play again, so got a cadian boxed set (Ex-IG player)
    Then i wanted my old favorite - the vin assassain back, then i got a DA vet box for converting into a inquisitor, then i got more.. and more.. then my wife got me a marine battalion for c/mas "at least when you're painting i can watch my tv and you're not off with some other girl", And now, 1 year on i have 2k painted guard, 2k unpainted & allies (about 750pts painted allies, 1500 DA army (80% done) and a marine batallion of imperial fists (with a large yellow baneblade - ImpFista are all wife's gift). am planning to wait until 5th before further making/painting the imp fists, and will be moving away from all my friends and having a baby in about 3 months now. A quiet hobby in the house seems like a good idea for that, but i may be being wishful (To do this i quit boozing every weekend and magic. (In comparison this is cheaper and i'm better off with hours walking about)
    I've broken the rust off my old painting habits now, and i think i'll paint and sell all 7 atticed blood bowl teams ovet the next few months to further fund my habit (as if i don't have enough to do now anyway)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast