What can and cannot be taken on an international flight? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can and cannot be taken on an international flight?

I have 2 weeks free off school and me and my dad are going to Turkey where we have a house and I intend to take a few things for my fledging nurgle daemon army. Anyway I was just wondering wether paints,glues sprays etc. are allowed and if so what precautions must be taken.
    Everything will be in a toolbox and I'm pretty sure that they know I intend to use the paints not stash stuff in there.
    So, has anyone done this before? any advice?

Thanks

Last edited by Psychonaut9; April 14th, 2008 at 15:36. Reason: Mispelling

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Put the paints in a separate plastic bag inside the suitcase (NOT hand luggage, as its more than the max liquid you are allowed in there). Be sure to pack the miniatures well, but there shouldn't be a problem as long as you keep it all in your suitcase.
    DONT BRING:
    Spray cans
    ANY tools in hand luggage
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

yep - what cebwj said - good packing of the models and paints for cargo should work well and never take your tools in hand luggage. And definatly no spray cans of any sort (paint, deodorent etc...)
    member of LO JCHAT
    Legion Of Jaffa Consuming Hatters and Terribly Superfluous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double bag your paints as often single bags can get caught/burst open.
    disposable nappybags are always good as you can tie them up tight and not worry about ripping them open at the other end.

As stated above ensure good packing around models!
    War is coming, arm your pets!

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Also, make it easy to unpack and inspect put the bag of liquids in an easy to get at place, do the same with the tools. Don't pack it up tight with a pair of pliers nestled in between a few models or something like that. If the easiest way to get at the particular item that triggered an inspection is to upend all your minis into a big plastic bin and then pour it back into your suitcase, they will do exactly that. When I fly int'l in and out of the US I wrap each foam tray in my mini case individually in saran wrap so that they can unpack the case and see everything without minis falling out all over the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x2)

And be prepared to smack the rent a cop's hand after it is callously run through your models while they say, "ooo toys"

(happened to a friend of mine)
    Last edited by YounGunner; April 14th, 2008 at 19:37. Reason: beer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

As someone who took part of his army to Mexico on holiday to make sure it would be finished in time for GT, my best advice is:

Don't put anything in hand luggage!

I took paints (pot, not spray), brushes, glue, clippers and files in a carry case (small ones) with the models. The carry case was packed in the main luggage, near the top so that when it inevevitably caused questions we could easily get it out to show them and within 5 minutes we were on our way again.

Apart from a few Mexican security personnel thinking I was a real nerd, no problems.
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

EDIT: Doh! Mod to delete the double post please?

As someone who took part of his army to Mexico on holiday to make sure it would be finished in time for GT, my best advice is:

Don't put anything in hand luggage!

I took paints (pot, not spray), brushes, glue, clippers and files in a carry case (small ones) with the models. The carry case was packed in the main luggage, near the top so that when it inevevitably caused questions we could easily get it out to show them and within 5 minutes we were on our way again.

Apart from a few Mexican security personnel thinking I was a real nerd, no problems.
    Last edited by 2000AD; April 14th, 2008 at 22:01.
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

+ Reply to Thread