Warhammer novels (40k/Fantasy) - a diffrent question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warhammer novels (40k/Fantasy) - a diffrent question

I didn't want to look like a topic-de-railer by replying in the other recent novel thread, so I figured I'd start a new one.

I am looking for some 40K reading, but in particular, I was hoping that some of the 40K novels might include interaction with the Eldar - or possibly even centered around them. If such a 40K novel exists, could someone list off the title(s) that I should look for?

Also, I am looking for some WHFB reading, as well! In this case, I was hoping there'd be one or more of the novels that dealt with the Skaven in particular - or possibly even centered around them. Again - if such a novel exists, could someone list the title(s)?

Much appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

Although I'd recommend the Horus Heresy books (excluding Descent of Angels, which blew) simply b/c they are very well done, I don't know about the Eldar. Legion, the most recent book, does have an Eldar main character, but other than that is pretty much marine/human-centric.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There have been a couple Eldar books written. One was titled Farseer I believe....and I think there was another, but I think they may be out of print. There is, however, a current Eldar book called Eldar Prophecy. While I haven't read it, it shows as 3/5 stars on amazon.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the Eldar based books are writen by the destroyer of Fluff... C.S. Goto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Farseer was great. But it begs for a sequel and the author left the company. I haven't read any of Goto's Eldar books yet. I hear bad things about them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Sadly the best books out there are about space marines. I would love for a great eldar and or tau series to come out, but have yet to hear anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by zenith_tau View Post
    Sadly the best books out there are about space marines.
    Ya know, i would have originally disagreed with you until I read Brothers of the Snake. (Naturally, I had to start the Heresy after that.)
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

Warrior Coven by C.S Grotto is about Death Watch helping the Elder.
    I would rate it 7 out of 10. Gives lots of details about the Elder craft worlds
    and the Dark Elder. Not a bad read.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Eldar play a significant role in the end of the second Gaunt's Ghosts novel "Ghostmaker".

I'm only about a third or less of the way through the short story compilation "let the galaxy burn", but the Eldar have already been in several stories (as the enemy).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

It's a bit of a toughie... Eldar Prophecy is the only one I have read that centers around the Eldar, but it's a very odd book about some very strange Eldar, so might not be the best if you want a good introduction to the race.

Other ones that include them albeit not as the focus have been mentioned below.

Also, the Inquisition War trilogy features some interaction with them, though more as a discussion point than characters.

I haven't read Farseer yet but Bill King is quite good so the book probably is too.

As for Skaven, look no further than Gotrek and Felix - the skaven feature in quite a few of their adventures (most notably in Skavenslayer (obviously)).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast