Charecters Overpowed In 40k? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are charecters overpowered in 40k?
    What im saying is that a lone charecter (A necron lord is easily capable of dispatching a squad of SM single handedly, right? Please correct me if im wrong - im at risk of sounding like a compleate muppet here&#33
    What i would like to see is a combat res system much more like fantasy, ok you cant do ranks, but at least dont base combat purly on casuties (It is based on casulties right? I havent played 40k in a while :blink: )

A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know for one that the C'tan, nightbringer is overpowered. Its cost in points dosen't compare to its power. And if it was anything like it is in fluff, you might as well throw the game, because you won't win.
    If Wolves were meant to fly, wouldn’t the Emperor have given them wings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

While i have never played second edition 40k, i know that the characters for that edition were stupidly strong. Especially the librarians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The C'tan, nightbringer is overpowered every game over 1000 pts so IM used to fighting against the lil bugger with my chaos and tau armies, just avoid it, phase out the necrons or you can do what i like to do and max out on heavy weapons or snipers (if you have elder, imperial guard or space marines) and kill it b4 your opponent get to slaughter your army ... watch the look on his face when his 360 pt killing machine kill nothing :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doesnt the new rule book coming out favour CC battles and getting opponents to move around a lot? that could mean the Nightbringer may be able to have an easier time dodging all those heavy weapons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the new rules will favor "Close, up and personal fire fights." Which could possibly mean that the super-tricked out Chaos Lords, Archons, and or C'tan could become even more beasty. Until the rules come out though, you may not want to dread anything in particuler, besides even iif it did make the cc lords even better, the fact that transports are now far riskier make up for it.
    <a href='http://www.onpoint-marketing.com/stealth-marketing.htm' target='_blank'>The future of marketing is here&#33; Stealth Marketing&#33;</a>
    Wait, you mean that optimism isn&#39;t fashionable anymore?&#33;
    Lord of Smart-ass Youthimizzles.
    Soup&#39;s up, bitches&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the fact is most characters can take a squad by themselves but once they loose support from the rest of their army and come under heavy fire than they are gonna die. even enough lasguns can take down a daemon prince or the C&#39;tan.

in closing i really dont think characters are overpowered.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen&#33;

&quot;I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman.&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Characters are always vunerable to being swamped or counter-charged, even Guard on the counter can really put a crimp in the day of anything short of a Wraithlord.

Remember, Chaos Lords have 3 wounds and T4, they aren&#39;t indestructable, even though they can kill 3-5 of any other trooper in a turn. Necron Lords are a lot tougher to get rid of, but if he&#39;s in combat with you, he&#39;s not holding the rest of his army together, so shoot it to bits and phase him out&#33;
    Sisters of Battle Record in 4th Edition
    W:14 D:2 L:5

&quot;They&#39;re Imperial Stormtroopers, and they&#39;re highly trained efficient killers&#33;&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, whilst they may be able to take on a squad by themselves, if they aren&#39;t supported by the rest of the army then they&#39;ll die. unlike in 2nd edition where a single character (e.g. mephiston or avatar) could easily tear armys apart single handedly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Characters were scary in 2nd, not so much so in 3rd, and with the TAR being official in 4th, nowhere near as scary.

Nightbringer is slow, he cannot be screened except by a Monolith and Wraiths, so it shouldn&#39;t be too hard to mess him up pretty bad. Phase out the Necrons and bye-bye NB

Characters are overrated.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast