Smurfs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Smurfs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering, why do you guys call space marines smurfs? They are cool! Man.... Please explain, i need to understand this stuff. Or i will never forgive myself. Ahem. :rolleyes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is a slang word like nids. And they are called Smurfs because the first two letters happen to be the abbreviation for Space Marines. At least that is how I see it.

And what better way to degrade the all powerful Space Marines? By calling them Smurfs, the little blue people who live in mushrooms. So, you see it makes perfect since (S)pace (M)arines= SM =(Sm)urfs.
    If Wolves were meant to fly, wouldn’t the Emperor have given them wings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to my knowledge it mainly arose from the ultramarines.

They have blue armour - the smurfs were blue and as Gray Wolf just stated SM (the abbreviation for space marines) are the first two letters of smurfs.

Funny hey....... no it isn't. i am offended as a SM player. You will find there is often anti sm sentiment floating around as we are obviously the hardest. HAHAHAHA
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;
    &quot;Errr do you mean run away?&quot;
    &quot;Thats the one&quot;</span>

&quot;Oh man, look at that.&quot;
    &quot;Where?&quot;
    &quot;Over there, by that river of boiling souls.&quot;
    &quot;Well I&#39;ll be damned... it&#39;s a Starbucks.&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>
    <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/gaeisia/index.htm' target='_blank'>GAESIA</a>

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

*struts in with his UM armour on, with a white floppy hood*

Hes Brothers iv just had a nose job

*removes hood to reveal a big bulbus nose*

Ehhhhh? what better way to purge the darkness than with a broom and a nose&#33;&#33;&#33;

:lol:

nah as a long standing BA player (as u know MD)

im not offended at all by it&#33;
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

The strange thing is that the word Smurf can also be found as a name for Tau. Or that&#39;s just people who really have no idea what they&#39;re talking about... coming to think of it, that&#39;s quite likely if one takes into account where I saw this.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that smurfs fits a lot better for Tau, because the Tau are blue and short. Not space marines, because they are not really short. Very tall, in fact. Plus they&#39;re people, like us, our last hope, so why diss them? I guess the other people with other armies are just jealous that they can&#39;t be that glorious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they are mankind&#39;s last hope, mankind is doomed.

Why diss them? Because they serve a corpse. Because they have bad fashion sense. Because they need power armor. The list is endless.
    The fire&#39;s going out...pass me another heretic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main reason the "Smurf" tage stuck for UltraMarines was the colouration of their Veteran 1st Company Marines.

Basically they are blue with a white helmet (Terminators or standard Vets) and thus do look appreciably like a Smurf.

Also, the 2nd Edition Codex Space Marines was actually called Codex UltraMarines instead, so you had to read through all the UM fluff if you wanted a Vanilla SM army.
    Sisters of Battle Record in 4th Edition
    W:14 D:2 L:5

&quot;They&#39;re Imperial Stormtroopers, and they&#39;re highly trained efficient killers&#33;&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Originally posted by Havelock@May 14 2004, 09:12
    Why diss them? Because they serve a corpse. Because they have bad fashion sense. Because they need power armor. The list is endless.
    so what,you&#39;d rather worship chaos? random mutations are the best you have to look foward to..worship Nurgle and you turn into a festering puss bag (never gettin&#39; laid) worship tzeeeeeeeentch and you get a lovely new set of arms..COMMING OUT OF YOUR HEAD (never gettin&#39; laid) worship Korn..er..I mean Khorne and you spend all day screaming like a mad man and killing everything you see (never gettin&#39; laid unless you&#39;re a necropheliac) or worship Slannesh and turn in my ex girlfreind,a drugged up sex addict with severe mental issues (gettin&#39; laid in waya you never wanted)

Then there&#39;s the fashion issue,you think the SM&#39;s are bad,have you actualy SEEN the chaos guy&#39;s uniforms,it looks like it was designed but one of those old guys w/ the mullets that are still stuck in the 80s..y&#39;know the ones with the beer bellies that drive old beat up muscle cares,wear the same Def Leppard tank top for years at a time(even though it&#39;s long since been to small for them )and that debate,bvery heatedly,wich hair band had the best drummer.All the skulls and bright colors,it&#39;s like watching a Poison concert march across the board.

and let&#39;s see who else wears power army..hmm..Orks(mega armor)Chaos(CSM)Tau(Crisis Suits)Eldar(Exacrh&#39;s Costumes)..i think there&#39;s more but I&#39;ve lost interest in this post already u_u

Closed Thread