Wow! Amazingly fast glue! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x3)

Wow! Amazingly fast glue!

I don't know whether this should go here or in the modeling forum but I just made an insane discovery (as far as I know). Today my normal plastic glue ran out and I went to Lowes to get some new stuff, and I decided to try Crazy Glue just to see how it worked. I picked the "Advanced Formula" type, just because it was bigger and would last me longer. As soon as I got home to use it I was extremely surprised.

I placed it on one of the arms which I was trying to put magnets on for my Carnifex and once I placed it on it was sealed as if I had left my other glues on it for an hour, not ten seconds after it was placed on there. I tried it with a good bit more of the magnet to arm seals and all of them were the same, absolutely solidly sealed and ready to be attached to the model. I am pretty sure that it works the same for plastic to plastic gluing as well, my brother reassembled an old broken down Defiler in all of two minutes with this glue.

I am in love with this glue, and all that remains to test is how it holds up over time, but judging by how it works now I have high hopes. Anyone else use this glue?

Hope this has helped!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Can it be purchased at any modelling store or art store or hardware store?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

What interests me is that the cheap stuff works surprisingly well:o.

Right now, I'm using some $2 glop that I brought because the Superglue companies have gone under by selling their stuff through the $2 Shop. Interestingly enough, this glop works better than my dads expensive Araldite!

Be sure to let us know how this glue holds up. Often the bond can break a few weeks down teh track.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

211 (x5)

I use some stuff 151 bond for metal modals and just plain old gw plastic glue for well plastics. 151 works fine for me and is only £1 per pack but its becoming harder to find stores that sell it these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

183 (x3)

Yeah I got it at Lowes, so im sure you could get it at just about any hardware store. The glue is still holding this morning as well, even after a night of holding up a Barbed Strangler (magnetized to a light so I could let the paint dry, the gun is attached with the glue upside-down), so it is strong, just need to test longevity.

Also, Archon, I love your avatar. Jeff Dunham is hilarious, and Achmed is my favorite bit of his!

+ Reply to Thread