average building time - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

average building time

I have timed myself build a unit of HE spearmen, a unit of Bret men-at-arms, and a unit of Empire state troops. Each of these have taken me less than twenty minutes. I start the clock before I cut the first piece out of the sprue. So far, I havent made a mistake on the models while building them, but i have broken a few afterwards, and Ive nicked myself several times.

Just out of curiosity, how long does it take you to build a single unit of models? This does not include painting them, but if you want to throw that in as well, your more than welcome to.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

well, as i assemble as i paint its a tough call..

but a unit for me takes in total about 2 weeks, for about 3 hours a day.
    maybe 30 hours or so effective time.

cleaning flash and making sure everything dryfits ok takes more time than i care for.

a ballpark guess if i'd just clean and assemble: 10 hours or so.

as you can tell, im not in any kind of rush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Nice, The units I named above are just ones I bought to build, they're not going to be used in any games, save friendly.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

I am a major league zealot for trimming flash and mold lines. I probably take about 4 hours to assemble a 20 man regiment of your typical plastic troops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

The longest Ive taken to build a model was a month and a half, and it wasnt even a full unit. It was the magnificent Konrad Von Carstien. This model is going to be used in several games so I had to take the time to make him look good. I somehow got him to look like he does on the front cover of the new VC army book, dont ask how I did it because I dont know myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I'd say about 1-2 hours for a unit of 20 skeletons without paint. I don't mess with flash or mold lines though. lol I don't have any files or exacto knives so I just snip and glue and paint lol.

Painting is a totally different story.. I am such a perfectionist that it stalls my painting almost to a dead stop. I'm good at it but it takes me FOREVER. So it is hard for me to get all my units painted and on the table before I gain interest in another army *shrugs* I'm addicted to GW what can I say?

Cheers!
    "Only by greeting death can one truly accept the responsibilities of being a warrior" Unknown

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

It takes me about an hour or two, because I make sure that the unit is going to rank up as neatly as possible, and I'm a stickler for keeping "same parts" as far away from eachother as I can. I hate when two identical heads are in the same rank, or two of the same weapon-arms are near eachother. Shields can't even be nearby unless they are uniform throughout. It's like an algorithm, and it takes forever to figure out.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Yeah, Im the same way when it comes to units im going to use in a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

I like to make a guy, then paint him and base him before i make the next guy. I find it's not as daunting as having 20 grey men threatining you and yearning to be painted. + You tend to take more time on the model and can get a better paint job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like to take my time putting my models together. I think each individual model should be as unique as possible, so I take a lot of time posing them and testing how each piece fits where I want it before I glue it down. I also try hard to clean the models up as much as possible before gluing, but I don't get every thin flash line.

The first eight Fire Warriors I put together took me an entire evening. But tonight I put together three XV8s in about an hour and a half.

Painting all the models I've got assembled will take me much longer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast