Codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Codex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Codex

This might be a dumb question, but have all the army codex's been updated to 5th edition? I want to buy some books, but I don't want to if I'm going to have to just buy another one in a few months.

I've looked about online and it never says which edition each book is.

Victory is achieved through mettle.
    Glory is acheived through metal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

The books don't always get redone for an edition. Look at the Dark Eldar codex - the latest version is still from around the beginning of 3rd Edition, but it's still the latest and legal version of the book. Typically, the codices being sold by GW (without going to the classic section) tend to be the most up to date codices.

As for updates, you should look at Space Marines, Imperial Guard, and Space Wolves as being the likeliest to be updated within the next year or so, so the others should be good to buy.

Chaos Space Marines, Chaos Daemons, Orks, Eldar, Tau Empire, and Tyranids have all be semi-recently redone (or newly created), and I don't see Dark Angels or Black Templars or Blood Angels getting anything else either, not for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

This might be a dumb question, but have all the army codex's been updated to 5th edition? I want to buy some books, but I don't want to if I'm going to have to just buy another one in a few months.
    No, none of them have been. GW doesn't update every Codex for a new edition right away.

+ Reply to Thread