most lucky things - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most lucky things

i play chaos space marines and i have a buddy that plays blood angels. he has mephiston and dante. i have grown used to gunning down mephiston 3 turns in but one game he got all the way into my base, killed 3 of my squads .then, i unloaded all my ammo into him, got 2 wounds over 3 turns and finally one bolt pistol was in range, then i managed to shoot him down right in front of the objective. dante on the other hand killed 2 squads of my chosen got to the third killed 4/5 only taking 2 wounds i got my attack back and killed him w/o a power weapon/fist, has anbody else had this kind of luck?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I was very, VERY drunk. thechaplain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

I once finnished off a Daemon Prince with a Las Gun fired by a vox operator. That was quite lucky. I also once killed an Eldar Farseer in CC with just a Sergeant - his presence was actually quite lucky in itself - he lost his entire squad and somehow held on. Keep playing for a few years and you'll find these things happen fairly frequently.

As Terry Pratchett so eloquently puts it - "Million to one chances occur nine times out of ten.".

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

The best luck I've had is getting 3 invulnerable saves of 5+ and allowing my lord to survive another round of nid CC doom. Wasn't game winning though, just delayed his death about 2 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

A Squad of Termies with Thunder Hammers mainly dropped in by my Russ which was pounding away at the evil smurfs.

Next turn, my ally's Tau Commander (equipped with a Plasma Rifle and a Meltagun amongst other gadgets) also drops in, as does one of my Last Chancers squads, right by the Termies.

He begins the salvo, rolling a poopload of 1s and 2s, killing no Terminators. I fire 5 laspistols at the same squad, killing one.

I still can't believe that my laspistols killed more Termies that whole game than his anti-Termie commander.

In WHFB, my Cannons used to roll perfectly every time. My guesses were horrible 9/10, and the Artillery D6 would make up for it. Then I went to 40K, and after returning to WHFB, I miss that luck *glares at Mortar*.

Also, my Glade Guard seem pretty blessed. They've been able to make game-winning (almost anyways) shootings, like killing an Orc Commander in one round of shooting preventing a Waaaagh! from being called. Like killing off about six units of cavalry from shooting etc.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

After his squad was butchered by an inquisitor and retinue, my sergeant managed to punch said inquisitor in the face with his power fist, killing it outright.

Also, my friend managed to kill off most of a squad of Chosen Terminators with lasguns from 6 Catachan Devils. Funny stuff.
    Kabal of the Twilight Blade - Host of Tecpatl - Salamanders 3rd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Having survived three tank shocks and being last man standing, my agonizer equipped succubus attacked the enemy stormtrooper squad, killed four, and made the rest fall back. He caught and killed them.
    Of course, he had the indignity of being shot down by lasguns, but he killed a 120 point squad in one round of CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

I once charged a 20 man necron unit with a single lone chaplain, killed one necron. they failed to cuase any wounds back, failed thier leadership test, and they rolled a 1 for getting away and i rolled a 6 for my sweeping advance. So one chaplain killed 20 necrons in one round.
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

once had 6 chaos terminators charge my tyrant and 1 guard, they only managed to inflict 1 wound, in return i killed 3 of them, next round they killed my guard n i finnished the rest of em of with my tyrant (now if that aint luck, i dunno what is)
    W/D/L
    Hive Fleet Penance - 3500 Points - 4/1/0
    Waaaaaaagh Skagtrot (40k Orks) - In Progress
    Dinhar Whitestar's Dragon Host (H.E) - 2000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a game of a apocalypse I deep striked my 6 Termies into no-mans land and in the next turn went on to be shot at by:
    3 Marine Land Speeders
    4 full strength tactical squads
    A dreadnought
    2 preadtors
    and a Leman Russ

I lost one termiantor Now thats lucky. And then they went onto rip apart a Baneblade, and they still didn't want to die from the resultant explosion. I think I may have used all my luck store in that game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    once had 6 chaos terminators charge my tyrant and 1 guard, they only managed to inflict 1 wound, in return i killed 3 of them, next round they killed my guard n i finnished the rest of em of with my tyrant (now if that aint luck, i dunno what is)

I was suffering from shiney new model syndrome, no need to keep rubbing it in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast