Lo Campaign Organisation. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Since offering our official support, the management in the form of Blackhat, owner and Admin of Librarium Online has seen it fit to give me the unenviable task of trying to run something that promises to be every bit as manoeuvrable as a drunken block of flats driving down the motorway.

I know you've all been getting impatient, so here 'tis, after wracking my brains for a bit as to how we can organise it.

The organisation is to be split into three distinct groups, with me and Infrazael (as hes the originator of the idea) as the main guides/overseers for the campaign.

Campaign Orchestration

These folks will basically be responsible for actually implementing battles, collating the results that are sent in and handing select bits of info to the fluff writers so that they can make something of it. To a certain extent these folk are dependent on the fluff writers, since if they control the storylines and hence the battles played, no odd battles are left to stick out.

Currently my line of thinking is for several battles to be played with our members in different parts of the globe, seperated up into large chunks, like east USA,west USA, Europe, Scandinavia and Australia. This way a whole lot more battles would be fought in the same amount of time, so we could have a much larger campaign, of sorts, than if we concentrated on one battle that all our members all over the world. The battle (setting type thing) might change every week, or we could assign different planets in the sector for different areas to battle over.

Fluff Writers

Like Ronseal. These people write the fluff, and since a good few are mods/ oldy members of the site, they can effectively dictate the campaign in the best way to get the maximum amount of interplay between races/armies and still come out with a cracking storyline that makes a good read. Hence, the reason why they are likely to be the largest group since they have an increased work load.

Characters/ Army Leaders

These members work with the Fluff Writers to make sure that the battles being fought encompass all the races, and to direct their army's forces against a particular foe, for example. The authors of Characters work with the army commanders to make sure that their creations are being used in a proper manner, (how the creators see fit, for example.)

This is a basic overview, please state your interest in one of the three here, and discuss the campaign and how to run it, etc. I'll be nagging Blackhat ASAP to get us a sub-forum specifically for the campaign. If you could, PM me to express your interest with a tag in the title as to your preference, since thats a lot bloody easier than going through a pile of PMs. Ta.

"It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you seek to take up the privilege and honor of being in one of these positions, we shall take your commitment seriously. That means:

A. One should not go around spamming in any important threads regarding to the campaign. I ask the moderators to raise the consequences of spamming in these vital sections.

B. One shall not quit his/her job or position abruptly, lest they want to face the consequences. If they want to and/or have no choice but to stop, for whatever reasons, please contact someone in charge at least two weeks (if not more) prior to their departure. We cannot allow chaos to encompass this entire ordeal.

C. I shall let my character (Liquid Night, Dark Eldar assassin) to be used, although I strongly encourage you to request permission before you decide to use a certain campaign character, i.e. Space Cow's Daemon Prince or Carnage's Blood Angels Commander. If the person you are playing does not feel a certain rule/item/concept of the character is fair, please PM us, lest there is a specific thread examining the faults of these characters. If any of the rules are unclear, ask us to clarify them. Do no exploit any loopholes that we have accidentally made.

D. Logic, Reason, and good Common Sense is vital to keep the Campaign Organization flowing seamlessly and rapidly. Speak without any slang, but with logic and reason, and make sure you state whatever you state CLEARLY. Only post, PM, or give out information THAT IS RELEVANT (i.e., use your common sense). DO NOT spam, or post any other useless information that will cause an overflow of data. That is the last thing we need, lest your goal is the sabotage the campaign, in which case if we find out then I hope the mods will agree to my notion of kicking these types of persons out of L-O for an indefinite period of time, or else keep their username and password locked up in an atemporal state, so they cannot actively participate in not only the Campaign, but L-O as well. Any attempt at recreating a password and account that is caught will be punished severely, and I assure you all that there are ways to catch obnoxious people like these.

E. Finally, do not use negativity as part of your concepts that you show the rest of the L-O community. Lack of spirit is fine with me, as long as you keep it personal. Do not degrade, victimize, or become prejudiced against any one member (unless it is a VERY good reason, and the mods and admins shall be the judge on the issue) based at lack-of common sense, racism, sexism, etc, etc. Derogatory terms based on, but not limited to, these terms WILL NOT be tolerated.

I hope that you have read these rules I implemented well, and although some of them may seem needless and/or stupid, I assure you all that there is a good amount of reason and consideration behind each and every one of them. My goal as the Campaign originator and overseer has put quite a bit of pressure of me, so I would advise you not to irritate me much. Follow the rules of not only L-O, but here as well, although certain ones may have been repeated. My goal is to create a fun, complex, and intersting Campaign and event for all the L-O members, not some boring, pointless game made to waste time over the summer (or longer).

Best of Luck, in the Campaign yet to come!
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Senior Member The Real Leman Russ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will we use a forum system like i suggested in the origanal thread? some one posts details of a game and the opponent posts conformaition? and a thread on the army forum. and my p.m isnt 100% officient so i dont know if phobos will get my message. sorry for the spam. i didnt mean to do it
    Children in the dark cause accidents, accidents in the dark cause childen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

peoples characters should be used by the creators themselves (unless express permission is given by the creator) as they alone will know how the character is to be used properly (or how they want him to act on the battlefield) and if they are used by everyone, not only is there a chance that one character could be everywhere at once, but also if the character dies, it is the creators fault, and his alone (unless they can write in some strange way in which they didnt actually die e.g. saved at the last moment by a comrade, or by the opponants stupidity).

thats my thinking anyway...
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mabye. Phobos said things about multiple forums. Don't press us into doing things (for your own good). Plus, PMs work 100%. They are THE fail-safe method of getting a message to someone else (at least for me). Also, you should PM ME for any questions in the future, not post here.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

At the minute your guess is as good as mine, until those that want to be part of the Orchestra arrive on this thread. However, that does seem to be the fairest way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question. What about for people like me who are the only LO memeber for 100's of miles. How do I get my games to count?
    "Pain is the wine of communion among heros"
    Teachings of Rhetoricus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

Hehe. Thats simple. Ask your opponent to sign up to the site and take part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, but many of them do not want to, most of which are the people who I play the most. Should I just get them to like sign a piece of paper, or get my store operator to sign it.
    "Pain is the wine of communion among heros"
    Teachings of Rhetoricus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I was about to say the same thing... I don't know any LO people in Denmark except for me...

I was thinking that a way to solve this was to simply play against some mates like usual and simply use the result of these battles to determine the results for your army... The outcome of the campaign will (as far as I have understood) be determined by which side wins the most battles statistically...

Also, (and I know I've been nagging Phobos about this for days now) we need to know what the plot of this campaign will be. Just like Cadia was the centrepoint of EoT we need a main 'objective' if we are gonna have a well-working campaign and fluff that fits well.
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast