Apparant 40k Shooter video leak - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparant 40k Shooter video leak

Well found this linked on gamespot, sadly its space marines. It looks pretty fun I think.. Seems like they are doing the lone wolf Ultramarine thing though...

YouTube - Warhammer 40k: Space Marine First Look

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Brutal.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would have been cooler, imo, if you were an imperial guardsman and if it was first person shooter. Also I think playing without any allies gets boring, every game like taht reminds me of medal of honor. Your almost always alone taking out 1000s of germans by yourself. massive fps battle would be better.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Yeah, I agree with Octavian. But instead of just being a guardsman, you can choose to be any race.

Personally, I would be either a guardsman or a firewarrior.

Anyway, back to the current discussion, the game does look very good, even if it is a tps. Hopefully you can upgrade the marine with more powerful weapons and armor. Maybe with a power sword and a plasma pistol and maybe some new type of armor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand part of the desire to make CC the defining part of teh game but the Bolter shouldn't be downplayed as much as they seem to be doing. Take the Traitor Guard as an example, a Bolter shell is powerful enough to down them easily at range whereas in CC they would have a chance (however minute) of making a save aganst the chainsword. Making it so the only way to kill an enemy quickly is to engage them in CC will slow the game down to a crawl. Especially if every kill induces those "cineaction" scenes.

Also there is a great deal more variety in ranged weapons for the Space Marines then there is CC. Hopefully as they develop the game they will realize this and shift the attention just a little bit more towards the awesome firearms that the 40k universe has available.
    Do not question the dice gods for their wrath is swift and terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

There's already threads about this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

So basically they're going for Gears of War where guns are useless?
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Seems so, and I agree completely with the bolter, if they don't want to use the automatic grenade launcher that the bolter is, give him an autogun!
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

To be honest it doesn't look very good at all, looks like they have a lot to do before it becomes an actual playable game, right now it just seems you smack people around in combat, and range fire is useless, since it seemed like every shot missed.

It actually reminds me of that crappy old game, Enter the Matrix, it seemed you could never hit anybody unless you went into bullet time, this game seems similar, and the best way to kill them is by getting close, and other than that everything else is a waist of time.

I think they can make this game good if they introduce more to it, and keep the chaos guys as mini bosses, and larger deamons and more powerful chaos marines as the big bosses. I also think they need to adopt some sort of cover fire system, like they had in gears of war or kill switch. the normal run shoot swing your sword seems boring when your a space marine and near god like to puny guardsmen and what not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast