Warhammer club - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 70.27%
  • No

4 10.81%
  • Maybe

7 18.92%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Warhammer club

Well okay at my high school there is about 6 or 7 of us that play warhammer. Well my friend who plays has a neighbor that plays too and so does his son, so he calls to ask if there is a warhammer club at our school.

So here is the question, if you were in or are in high school and it had a warhammer club would you be in it?

Prey they don't take you alive

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an odd question for me as I have just left a school where there were 2 players(Myself and one other knew of) and had played several games against each other wouldn't dream of joining a club there though. However I would at my previous school(despite there also not being one) as there were several players there and it was a group of people with links to that school paying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

I helped set one up at my school. For the first year or so there were 3 or 4 max reg players, but people start to come outa the woodwork after a while, especially once the club has established for a while.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

1st RULE: You do not talk about WARHAMMER CLUB.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about WARHAMMER CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out, the battle is over.

4th RULE: *DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS*

5th RULE: One fight at a time per table.

6th RULE: No beards, no cheese.

7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to (turn 5, roll for turn 6, turn 6, roll for turn 7).

8th RULE: If this is your first night at WARHAMMER CLUB, you HAVE to fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acually I started one back in freshman year.... there were about 5ish of us along with the teacher who plays, but no 3 of them graduated so we have to fine new people...

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Only real thing you could do with clubs at my high school was organise out-of-school events.. which nobody ever did, because it was a waste of time. We had about 30 minutes per club on club days, which were once a month, and we only had two clubs each. Not enough time to even chat about Warhammer, much less play the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I have to agree with Lost Nemesis, theres really not enough time even afterschool to play a game at school, you know? Theres really so many other things to do that I feel Warhammer would normally fall back to a weekend thing with friends.

Hilarious "fight club" rules, especially when considering the intenseness of models on a table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Bringing figures to school is too much effort. Things get broken too easily, there's rarely time for a decent-sized game, and storage is impossible.

All the same, I voted Maybe.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    Bringing figures to school is too much effort. Things get broken too easily, there's rarely time for a decent-sized game, and storage is impossible.

All the same, I voted Maybe.

-AFG//
    The game we found worked best was Blood Bowl. I don't know how long any of you guys will have, but because we were lucky enough to have a full hour 2x a week it meant we could have a BB league running playing the first half on Monday and the second on Weds. This also gets around the whole issue of bringing in 100+ models (depending on army size!)
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x4)

I said maybe, as in in Australia, a few people here and there play it, and usually they get bagged out (as in, bullied for their hobby). I kept it a secret though, 'cause a lot of people think it is a "nerd" game, which I have to disagree on, 'cause all of them played WoW, which (no offence) is about the equivilent of warhammer.
    Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
    Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. September 10th, 2008, 23:34