Players similar to their Races? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Players similar to their Races?

Hey guys, I thought I might ask a silly question. Have any of you met players who are really similar to the races that they play? I just think it is a funny thing to talk about. The similarities can be anything, from personality to even appearances!

[/quote] "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! And tea and crumpets for the commisar was it? Wonderful, that will be ready for you in just a moment sirs." - Khorne Berserker [/quote]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I'm Chaos through and through.

If I tell someone which army I play after getting to know them, they generally aren't surprised at all.

I'm a big believer in the whole 'not suffering but enjoying insanity' type thing.

I remember at the club I used to play at the Dark Eldar players were always really bitter and seemingly hostile. It was great. Although that might be to do with the fact that they were cutting themselves on their own models or that their codex was released a few months after the Magna Carta.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Kardoodle, I thought your funk Necrons represented you better than your Chaos... hmm...

I think that to a degree, a person's choice in army definitely reflects a certain aspect of their personality. I play Raven Guard Space Marines, who are all about guerrilla warfare and tactical strikes; they are a scalpel whereas a chapter like Space Wolves are a hammer. Two aspects of the Raven Guard that really do ring true with my character would be their tactical thinking; I am very much a thinker in all things, to the point where I have to be extremely aware of everything going on around me so I can make the most informed decisions for myself. The second aspect would be that of their Primarch, which extends somewhat to the chapter; the sort of self-sadness that hit Corax after the Heresy that the chapter continues to fight on through really rings true with a lot of my life.

I don't think most of the Tyranids players I know like to devour worlds, though. 'Cept Karmoon and the Little Big World?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

*stops chewing on a persons arm*
    not anything like my nids at all!
    nope definatly not!

I must admit that the only aspects of nids that I share are meat eating and a general liking for bugs (though not spiders -- too many legs and eyes!). Beyond that I don't really know how much I connect with nids - nor how much I connect with Canon nids and my own view of them.

Interestingly though my (still to be mostly built) fantasy army represents me more - Wood elves show my liking of nature, woodlands and wildlife and a general view to wanting to protect those things.

I guess one problem is that once one starts to expand descriptions of a race originaly designed by man is that elements of man are going to be a part of that race, no matter how hard we try to be "alien". There are still common elements that someone will connect to.
    member of LO JCHAT
    Legion Of Jaffa Consuming Hatters and Terribly Superfluous

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Hmm.. Necrons. Metallic skeleton, check! Complete lack of emotion, check! Yep, im a Cron through and through...

I wish ''Life'' would be so easy lol.

Beasts of Chaos however... Hairy, check! Easily angered, check!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

I wouldn't say that the guys in my gaming group are like the races they play but more like the generals of their armies. This makes for interesting games because the two generals then face off as if it were the real people there on the field commanding their troops. We don't fight outside of the tabletop but it's just an interesting clash of characteristics when our two forces march against each other.

The pickup games I play at the local GW are ridiculous however. I have had to bring Tylenol to a few games against ork players because they just get really loud and obnoxious. Does "WAAAAA!!!" ring any bells? The chaos guys are, for the most part, cold hearted SOBs who will do anything to win. The space marines act superior and are typically kids or really huge guys. I love playing the IG guys though because they are just amusing. One guy actually brings a big fat cigar just for luck and recites litanies to the emperor while waiting for his turn to do stuff.
    Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
    questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
    knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
    -Farseer Marauth
    Meet My Autarch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

I haven't noticed this so much. If it does turn out to be true, I'll have to turn in my Raven Guard and play an all Squig army. The resemblance is uncanny!

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

It was pointed out to me once, that when I play my Chaos I usually wear a heavy metal t-shirt(Slayer, Dimmu Borgir, etc.), but when I play my Tau I'm wearing a Transformers or videogame related shirt.

Go figure...
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x3)

Haha, good question, i've seen a few chubby kids who play ogres, and lots of eldar players are tall and lankey individuals, ( I dont mean these as insults in any way). I play marines and am nothing like them, ( seriously, i got into a fight with a pebble and the pebble won.)
    One extremely prominent thing I have noticed is the Tau players are mainly asian(once again i'm not insulting anyone) , I mean I think it has to do with the anime likeness of the tau technology like battlesuits. They remind me of Gundam Wing. Tau players are generally very nice, tolerant people, like the Tau themselves ( except the Tau kill you if they dont like you).
    Last edited by Sknight; November 20th, 2008 at 02:57.

Add me! Let me know your forum name too! =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

have seen this wit my friends, "Stumpy" and "Stumpy's stumpy friend" (I can't remember if he ACTUALLY had a name or not, but this was at school, so nicknames are your official name for life) both collected Dwarfs, after being known as Stumpy. The high elf player was tall, grew long hair and was a haughty, up himself twit by the time he left school, the skaven guy grew worrying facial hair, and was a bit "waac". I, however, was an unpredictable rogue. This meant 2 things.

1- my army chopped and changed as quickly as model at the Paris fashion show
    2- I settled on orcs.

I now have a green hat which I wear whenever da ladz get an outin', and some speshul green dice.

I also favour the oft maligned, being a mediocre sportsman at EVERYTHING, just missing the cut on football, cricket and rugby teams constantly, which is probably why when I was chopping and changing I went for the unfashionable armies (WE, LM (before "recent" army books), CDwarves, and now my DEldar.

My girlfriend now has a CSM army, leaning towards Khorne. She kinda has rage issues. I should be careful. Very careful. *Ducks meat cleaver as GF reads post over shoulder*
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast