Other Too far? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too far?

I was very, VERY drunk. thechaplain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

Too far?

I think I finally went too far. As a grown man I don't usually get terribly "in to" games, on the odd occasion that I find to play them and I'm certainly not one of those exceptional (read whatever you want into that word) few who recite prayers to the emperor in between turns or talk to their toy soldiers.

However - an old friend and I were having something of a grudge match yesterday and I lost - mainly due to two full(ish) squads running from some scary Tyranids, despite being within 12" of my Heroic Senior Officer. I was so appalled by this blatant cowardice that I decided all 20 men would face the firing squad. Litterally. After the game I lined them up on my fence and shot each and every single one with my air rifle - they're now bitz. It seemed like a rather funny thing to do at the time, only when laying in bed that night did I consider that I'd cost myself £36 and many hours work. Textbook error!

So - please tell me I'm not alone. Own up with your own stories of going that one step too far - whether you're the culprit or someone you know, I want to hear it and hopefully feel better about myself...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

My friend... you have gone one step too far after this game... Hmmm... now that I remember.

My second game, some time ago, of the day with a friend of mine in my retailer's store. I have only one sergeant and one Dreadnought on the table against one Pathfinder squad and an Ethereal... The Dread was chasing the Ethereal and the Sergeant went against the Pathdinders. Of course he died valiantly... So he paid his debts to the Emperor under the boot ... Literally! On the other hand the Dread was repainted after the battle having killed the Ethereal!

So cheer up. I did myself a cheaper damage to myself than you but damage beause of my nerves.
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

141 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by thechaplain View Post
    I think I finally went too far. As a grown man I don't usually get terribly "in to" games, on the odd occasion that I find to play them and I'm certainly not one of those exceptional (read whatever you want into that word) few who recite prayers to the emperor in between turns or talk to their toy soldiers.

However - an old friend and I were having something of a grudge match yesterday and I lost - mainly due to two full(ish) squads running from some scary Tyranids, despite being within 12" of my Heroic Senior Officer. I was so appalled by this blatant cowardice that I decided all 20 men would face the firing squad. Litterally. After the game I lined them up on my fence and shot each and every single one with my air rifle - they're now bitz. It seemed like a rather funny thing to do at the time, only when laying in bed that night did I consider that I'd cost myself £36 and many hours work. Textbook error!

So - please tell me I'm not alone. Own up with your own stories of going that one step too far - whether you're the culprit or someone you know, I want to hear it and hopefully feel better about myself...
    I do think shooting your men with an air rifle is a little much. After all, this is just a tabletop game. I wouldn't be fair to throw stones without sharing my own pain though.

There is a younger player at my store who is a constant cheater (and socially inept to levels I can't verbalize on this site), he's on the cusp of getting banned. I played a game against him where he would NOT move his needs the correct distance, and he had this little, crappy tape measure he would use to "measure" the distance they would move, which was usually 2~4 inches more than they should.

After the game I asked him if he'd ever considered buying a new tape measure. He said he "didn't have the cash" (utter BS). This is where I went over the line. I asked him "how much change do you have?" I traded him my nice, big, easy to read for everyone, tape measure for his crappy one and $2 (US) in change. I then took his tape measure to the back of the store, broke it into tiny pieces with a drywall spatula, and showed them off to my buddies in the store. In addition, I now use the spring from it as a trophy for my models in game.

Said player no longer makes eye contact with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

169 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Paris View Post
    he had this little, crappy tape measure he would use to "measure" the distance they would move, which was usually 2~4 inches more than they should.
    yea inching tends to get to me too, namely as most kids with assault armies i fight against do it to reckless abandon against my IG.
    my solution, one of those starter set red plastic rulers cut to 6" and the other to 12". once they start itching, i throw it down inbetween where their models were and are now to prove my point and offer that if they can't tell distances with their tape, the ruler works that much better for them.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

If it makes you feel any better, I have a 40k tattoo. Do you think I'll like it when I'm 70?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by RexTalon View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I have a 40k tattoo. Do you think I'll like it when I'm 70?
    Yes, as long as it doesn't say "I <3 Squats".
    No.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by thechaplain View Post

Sorry, but I laughed my ass off when I heard that. My little in-game narrations (whilst humorous) tend to cross the line a little, especially for grudge matches. The closest thing I've done to that is placing units that do well higher up on my mantle to glorify their deeds whilst the less successful units tend to go closer to my conversion table (coincidence- I swear!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Paris View Post
    I do think shooting your men with an air rifle is a little much. After all, this is just a tabletop game. I wouldn't be fair to throw stones without sharing my own pain though.

There is a younger player at my store who is a constant cheater (and socially inept to levels I can't verbalize on this site), he's on the cusp of getting banned. I played a game against him where he would NOT move his needs the correct distance, and he had this little, crappy tape measure he would use to "measure" the distance they would move, which was usually 2~4 inches more than they should.

After the game I asked him if he'd ever considered buying a new tape measure. He said he "didn't have the cash" (utter BS). This is where I went over the line. I asked him "how much change do you have?" I traded him my nice, big, easy to read for everyone, tape measure for his crappy one and $2 (US) in change. I then took his tape measure to the back of the store, broke it into tiny pieces with a drywall spatula, and showed them off to my buddies in the store. In addition, I now use the spring from it as a trophy for my models in game.

Said player no longer makes eye contact with me.
    That would be annoying. Thankfully the kids where I play tend to keep to themselves and are pretty well behaved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

169 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by RexTalon View Post
    lol, don't feel so bad... i know a soldier who comes by to play at my local GW who was a big ole' imperial aquilla on his arm, i laughed so hard when i first noticed it since i was expecting a military/patriotic motovational tattoo.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Certemplar View Post
    lol, don't feel so bad... i know a soldier who comes by to play at my local GW who was a big ole' imperial aquilla on his arm, i laughed so hard when i first noticed it since i was expecting a military/patriotic motovational tattoo.
    What more motivational and patriotic than the Imperial Aquila? Go IG!!!
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Certemplar View Post

Hmmm... And how do you know that's not ME you're talking about?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast