Other Ongoing Grudges - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ongoing Grudges

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Ongoing Grudges

We all love a good grudge. In games, when two units keep trying to kill each other, it adds distinct character to it, and IRL, the stakes tend to be raised when you're playing that opponent who you beat as often as he beats you.

So what grudges do you have? Mention the following:
    1) Unit grudges. One guy at my club has a unit of devastators, and they don't like my reapers, and vice versa. It's gotten to the point where the battle is won by whoever gets the first turn since both units just shoot each other first (it's a cross between tactics and plain "I hate that unit" now).
    2) Personal grudges. Obviously, this isn't to do with wanting to bash someone's head in over something, but goes back to my earlier point about the guy that you win against 50% of the time, or for whatever reason.

So, do you have any kind of vendettas against opponents/units? Post away.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

I've got 3 guys against whom EVERYTHING is a grudge match. My biggest is probably a guy with dwarves who HATES my greenskins. Generally v. bloody, but a lot of fun. He also has an eldar army which I love to hate with my darker cousins.

My other main grudge match is against another friend from school who has a vast array of fantasy armies as well as a 40k army. To be honest, I enjoy these ones less as we both tend to get very much bogged down by the rules due to him not having kept up to date properly with the editions, and the grudge meaning no quarter is given. It starts to get taken a touch too seriously.

My third real grudge match is between me and my mate Dave. We both love Blood Bowl. We have both had some pretty awesome teams. I hate his #8 lineman. He killed my best skink on the first turn, having already SIed and killed 2 other skinks ALL IN THE FIRST TURN! I was most unamused. That team was also the only team EVER to beat my LM team, who went 20 games unbeaten before I retired them.

So the pair of us have a pretty big grudge. His #8 always gets victimised and fouled whenever possible. Fouls occur whenever possible. We only finished one match with 7 players on the pitch because a riot was rolled after I scored a touchdown on t3 and he rolled a 6 for the skipped turns. The casualty count in that game was 7-5 to him (I won 1-0 though!) We always have a good laugh in it though.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a grudge against my buddy who started 40k the same time as I did. He played marines, and as I was starting Eldar, I could rarely beat him. I kept trying new tactics and different armies to various effect. Eventually, the impulse to pound him into the dust made me a better, more well rounded player with far too many armies.

I also had a grudge against my friend who played nids. I just could not beat him. I actually don't know if I ever have, still. I might be able to do so now, as I haven't played him in a while. Because of him, I almost panic when bugs hit the table. Rarely, however, do other bug players possess the skill that he did, so usually I leave the table a bit more ready to try and take him down when the opportunity arrives.

Third grudge I had was against my undead playing buddy in fantasy. I played High Elves. Magic heavy. He played magic heavy vampire counts. I have never won a game against him. His repeated beatings of my poor elves led me to shelve them permanently. They also led me to start goblins, skaven and now warriors of chaos in an attempt to beat him. I don't know if he's really that much better than I am or if I am just unlucky.

Unit grudge: My farseer and my buddy's dreadnought had a very amusing grudge. After annihilating the farseer numerous times with assault cannon rounds, the dread finally decided to assault the farseer. Little did he know that witchblades/singing spears count as high enough strength to crack armor when attacking vehicles. After making many more invulnerable save than I thought possible, my farseer managed to explode the dread and survive... only to eat rapidfire bolter next turn.
    I'm trying to catalog every song with a reference to yetis or Sasquatch. Please help.

+ Reply to Thread