WH40K Which Carry Case? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Carry Case?

Hey guys.

As some of you may know, I have been going on about my growing Tau army like mad recently, painting this and converting that, but I just had to miss my first game at 1k points for one main reason - I fear carrying them in my padded boxes now that they are fully painted (well... some of them anyway), even though they are varnished and pinned to all jimmeney.

Could someone advise me of a place where i could get either 1 uber case, or 2 cases designed to hold about 6 Battlesuit sized models, 4 Tanks and about 50 odd infantry?

This would be wonderful as i could expand my collection to 1.5k without buying a new case with any luck. The gw cases do not fit my needs unless I have been missing something, and I am unsure where else to look cos my google search was less than productive.

Thankyou in advance, Sokahr.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Get a small GW box and use that for Infantry and Suits. Vehicles will be fine in a padded shoebox.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've got my tau in a kasier rushforth case and it fits them perfectly. They're £20 each and I'm guessing you'd need two, mostly because the devilfish are big models

KR Multicase : V Pick&Pluck
    less hate more kittens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I love some of the Charon Production cases. As I play IG, WH and DH, I have a tonne of models to carry around!!!

Charon Productions

Cheers, DH
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabol Designs Army Tranposrt range all the way, baby. They make a huge array of cases, even ones that have wheels! Lots of pockets and space, and you can buy precut foam trays with the cases as well. Very good built quality these are.

http://www.saboldesigns.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Leafwalker View Post
    Sabol Designs Army Tranposrt range all the way, baby. They make a huge array of cases, even ones that have wheels! Lots of pockets and space, and you can buy precut foam trays with the cases as well. Very good built quality these are.

http://www.saboldesigns.net
    I second the Sabol. I own two army transport cases and a platoon case, and I just ordered The Division case. The War Store is even having a bit of a sale, I saved a few bucks on the order, even!
    "Speed is life! You go slow, you die!"
    -Sgt. Unther, Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

Sabol, thirded.
    Been using the standard army transport for years, but the platoon box is finally available for preorder on thewarstore so i got 2 i'm waiting for now, after waiting for months only a week or two left to go...

32 guardsmen per 1" tray for 6 trays, 3 tanks in a 2.5" tray and 4 sentinels plus all my dice, templates, accessories, etc. in the other 2.5" tray. all in one bag. 'nuff said.

but adding 5 tanks, 2 sentinels, and 42 more infantry. it's time to expand.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Fourth for Sabol.
    I have the standard Sabol case and I can fit four Eldar grav tanks, 60-ish infantry (some terminator sized ones) and 2 dreadnoughts in it, and still have some room left. They are a bit pricey but god darn it is worth every penny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    337 (x6)

I really really love the "figures in comfort cases". They also sell plain cardboard boxes with GW style foam tray inserts if appearance is not important. I would NOT suggest buying miniatures from them at the moment!

Home page

I can't seem to find a UK store selling that Sabol stuff on the internet, which is a shame I need a new case and I'd give them a try.
    Last edited by matus; December 1st, 2008 at 14:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find the Sabol cases to work to the best extent. They even allow models to survive car crashes.

I was driving home from work, I had my armies (in their sabol case), a Tau army (in one of those GW cases), and a DA army (in a tackle box).

A deer jumped out in the middle of the road, mind you I live in the sticks and this is a dirt road. I swerved to miss it, I did. However I was drifting and smashed up the front passenger side of the car.

The results:
    Sabol case - Nothing was broken, I wouldn't haven oticed if a model had barely shifted.
    GW case - Oh the carnage! Battlesuits broken, landing gear missing from the chassis. Many models were misplaced from within the case.
    Tacklebox - More models were broken, but models in the open areas where they can move are the perfect subject for Newton's first law of motion.

No models were lost, just in need of repair.

Now, you decide.
    |T|O|O|-|L|A|Z|Y|-my anti-drug

The rep button () is your friend!

Be off-topic and visit www.theopia.com

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast