WH40K Salamanders Tactical Squad Box? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Ein
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    472 (x6)

Salamanders Tactical Squad Box?

Hey guys, I have a quick question.

I recently spotted a 'Salamanders Tactical Squad' boxed set for sale, and it set off my shopping klaxons something fierce, because I'm making a start on my own Salamanders force.

I've never seen this box. I've been told it was a release around Codex: Armageddon, as a way of pushing the Sallies a bit. I have no idea what's inside here. Now, from the looks of it, this has a multimelta inside, and maybe a flamer, along with the ol' tac squad stuff.

Is it just wishful thinking, or do the shoulder pad icons look raised? Could they possibly be sculpted detail on the shoulderpad, rather than just an applied decal over a standard shoulderpad? (I'm extremely wishful that this is the case, since GW's never produced Salamander shoulderpads) Is there anything special in this box at all, as far as Salamanders go? I have read they had their own decal sheet in here, but is there anything else?

Thanks. I'll probably be trying hard to win the bid on this, but all the same I'd like to know what I'm getting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I have never seen these before but would be interested in buying them. They are porbably long since out of production. You can buy the metal MM marine still and other than that it looks as though it is just a standard tactical box. It might have had a metal meltagun in there too but they are on the tactical sprue now.

The shoulder pads do look like a salamander design in relief. but If GW cast therm up a few years ago then why didn't they make them available when they still had all the bits on sale before last year?

I have seen 2 GW staff armies of Salamanders and they both used Alpha Legion cast soulder pads. So I think if staffers cannot get hold of Sally shoulder pads then maybe there never were any.
    Last edited by Mad Cat; December 5th, 2008 at 12:52.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

I think it was around Armageddon when they released it... haven't seen them for some time! Even on eBay!
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

+ Reply to Thread