Other New Superior Vampire KNIGHT Models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

New Superior Vampire KNIGHT Models

NOT BY GW EITHER!!! Obviously since the word superior was included in the title.

Gamezone Miniatures - Tabletop Shop - Ritter der Verdammten I 07-35

Enjoy, sorry ahead of time if this is already posted, but I had to show these fantastic models.

These models ARE metal too, close to the cost of blood knights, but are WAY way better. GW, eat your heart out (no pun intended).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x3)

wow. That really is something... I think GW should take notes, make warhammer a bit less cartooney (at least fantasy).
    How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
    My recruitment link!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Well GameZone makes some pretty spectacular fantasy models, overall. My favourite is probably the human general on a Griffon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

To be fair, these things would probably wear out the moulds in no time. GW parts are designed for mass-production on an industrial scale. I agree that there could be a lot more done to improve the design quality, but until I see models like this one manufactured in their tens of thousands, I will reserve judgement...
    Additionally, these pieces are excellent in general, but TBH, the new plastic Knights of Chaos are as good for about 1/4 of teh price, so GW is definitely improving sculpting abilities. Finally, the new Vampires and Warriors of Chaos are anything but cartoonish. The new Vampire counts models such as Vlad and Konrad ooze subtle details...

Back on topic...Wicked conversion for a Wight Lord or a Vampire though!!
    Last edited by kithre; December 23rd, 2008 at 16:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree but they are nice i cant argue with dat lol!!!

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kithre View Post
    To be fair, these things would probably wear out the moulds in no time. GW parts are designed for mass-production on an industrial scale. I agree that there could be a lot more done to improve the design quality, but until I see models like this one manufactured in their tens of thousands, I will reserve judgement...
    Additionally, these pieces are excellent in general, but TBH, the new plastic Knights of Chaos are as good for about 1/4 of teh price, so GW is definitely improving sculpting abilities. Finally, the new Vampires and Warriors of Chaos are anything but cartoonish. The new Vampire counts models such as Vlad and Konrad ooze subtle details...

Back on topic...Wicked conversion for a Wight Lord or a Vampire though!!

I think these are a great example of 'what-might-have-been' if GW was prepared to put much stronger visual themes into their armies. Adding some skulls and big teeth (to both the horse and rider) doesn't make a complete visual theme. These Damned Knights are top.

I also disagree with Kithre (which is possibly a first); GW claims to produce the best quality toy soldiers in the world. These are amazing quality and significantly cheaper than GW. High volume of production should reduce costs- not make them more expensive. The same sort of moulds will be being used here and that is clearly accounted for. My tuppence.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey View Post
    I also disagree with Kithre (which is possibly a first); GW claims to produce the best quality toy soldiers in the world. These are amazing quality and significantly cheaper than GW. High volume of production should reduce costs- not make them more expensive. The same sort of moulds will be being used here and that is clearly accounted for. My tuppence.

Lol - fair enough. I think part of the issue is that limited production run spins are pretty light wearing on moulds. Moulds tend to disintegrate rather quickly once the number of spins exceeds several thousand. The machinery used by Games Workshop is similar, but larger scale.
    I think that quality is well above GW, and postulate that this is mainly because these are small batch spins where the duff models can easily be chucked back into the melting pot. I can't see GW manufacturing staff having the same level of duty of care to spot defective minis and throw them back.

Finally on the cost thing - yes mass production has much cheaper costs associated with it, but GW has a higher per-unit overhead in terms of the packaging, the head office administrative costs (those BMWs for the finance and IT managers have to be paid for from somewhere :-) ), design and maintenance of brand (legal, new release advertising, so called "rules development" etc) and shop front leasing.

If the aforementioned company can maintain the quality of design and final product quality control and design a ruleset and market paints etc etc to go with the models, then I will say they have achieved far more than GW. Whilst GW are definitely NOT the market leaders in miniatures design (there are many companies making better models), their overall package is better and can go some way (though not ALL the way) in justifying the additional costs...

Kithre out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i looked at some of their other models there all mainly nice with a few exeptions lol

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Painted Monkey is simply pointing out that GW is fudging the numbers somewhere. Otherwise put, Gamesworkshop's profit margin is too big on per metal model sold and too little on plastic. Yes I know about the difference in production cost of each (metal is easy to use but wears fast, plastic is harder to set up but lasts a long time). When a box of models get up to 75 dollars and people are still making the minimum wage they do now (my father twenty years ago made 5 dollars an hour at his last minimum wage job, I make 6.75, talk about downward pressure on wages).

GW has it head up its butt.

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

Meh, I don’t think the model is that great.
    It’s just a man on a horse no matter what.

Why can’t the vampire be riding on a jet bike with flames coming out the back?
    Silly vampire riding silly animals!!!!

- Boomer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast