Welcome to Librarium Online!
I'm just returning to the world of 40k, after the disaster that I experience (fully detailed in my I'm Back post) and I have a few questions.
1) I haven't purchased the 5th edition 40k rulebook yet. Is it a massive change to the rules or is it just a simple update like 3rd to 4th was? Will I practically have to relearn the game?
2) The only three armies I never owned in 40k were Orks, Chaos and Eldar. I'm extremely interested in either making an all bike Ork army or an eldar CC army. Are Eldar CC armies viable yet? Or do I have only two choices like before which were to walk across the battlefield and get shot to pieces or put them in a transport and have them get shot to pieces cause they can't charge after disembarking?
3) Is there a retailer that sells the mega paint sets for a decent price in US Dollars? I don't really feel like spending 300 bucks for paint before I even get started buying models again.
Thanks for any responses
1) Its kind of like an updateagain, infact there are probably less changes from 4th to 5th than there was from 3rd to 4th. However in my opinion it was overall an improvement. The only part that needs to be 'relearned' is the vehicles damage rules, which were totally overhauled.
2) Having not played CC Eldar, I couldn't tell you, however in theory it does seem like those are the problems you would face. If you can bring in wraithlords and the like you might be able to draw fire away from your normal squads though, thus giving you the chance to get into CC.
3) This I cannot say, unfortunately, sorry.
Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
Fenrir: and magic.
Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?