WH40K Should i adjust my trade? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Should i adjust my trade?

I aquired an Eldar revanant titan through trade awhile ago at a bazzar and decided i would not use it as much as i would like. So i set up a trade with a store employee to get his iron hands 3k point army(painted with metal upgrade packs). Well i decided it would be best if i just gave it to him and in return he paints 1250 points of my red scorpion army.

So first question: did i get a good trade on the titan for 1250 points of marines? (41 men, rhino, drop pod, ironclad dread is what he is going to paint)

Now my second question: Should i have kept part of the titan to give him when he is done?

I ask that because it has taken him about 2 months to paint my freinds 5 terminators, which he has barely started i believe. And i would like my models in a timely fashion. He showed me the titan head which he has already started working on for his army, yet has not started my Scorpions...

So please help me out and advise me as to what i should do. Have never made a trade like this before and am not sure what the turn around on painted models should be.

Thanks!

Nox

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I was very, VERY drunk. thechaplain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

I think you've made a bit of a textbook error here. Firstly, I would suggest that painting that number of models is not an adequate trade for a Revenant Titan and secondly, you should DEFINITELY have kept something back, if you knew he was unreliable. Even if you didn't, actually.

The Iron Hands army would be alot more like fair (possibly weighted a bit too much towards you), but I think, based on what you've said, you've been had. Do you have any way of getting your titan back? I think that would be the best thing you can do.

As a final note, I'm not sure about the part of the world you're in, but in the UK you would have a legal recourse, as a truly last measure, as you have entered into a contract with this man and if he fails to carry out his part of the deal, you can have the contract voided and your titan returned. Like I said though -desperate last measure and entirely dependent on the law where you are.
    Last edited by thechaplain; February 5th, 2009 at 12:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x1)

I second the Chaplain, there - you should've gone with the Iron Hands. Personally, I'd stomp over to him and say "It's been too long - either gimme back the Titan, or give me those Iron Hands instead."
    No.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if all else fails you cn tell the store manager and get him fired.
    Ultramarines: W1 D1 L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

Set a time frame for him to paint your stuff in, and it better be a damn good job in order to earn that titan.

Look at it this way:
    What standard of paint would your scorpions have gotten with a proffesional painting studio for the price of that titan?

In what time-frame?

If he can't match that, then ask for the titan back, sell it off and use that cash to get your stuff done proper and on time instead.

Never give stuff with getting naught but promises in return, you'll always get worked over one way or another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Regath View Post
    And if all else fails you cn tell the store manager and get him fired.
    that won't help the current situation as he will still have the Titan, and be even more determained to keep it as he lost his job trying to get it. It was also (from what I know) a completely legal transaction, as long as he keeps up his side of the deal. Going to court would be more expensive then letting it go. But it is a Titan, a trophy for any gamer or modeler/painter, so I think the chaplain and arachnid had a few good points. Also Tutankhankh point was alright, "GIMMI MY TITAN BACK, WAAAAAGH!!!!"
    Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
    Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hive Fleet Ruina View Post
    that won't help the current situation as he will still have the Titan, and be even more determained to keep it as he lost his job trying to get it. It was also (from what I know) a completely legal transaction, as long as he keeps up his side of the deal. Going to court would be more expensive then letting it go. But it is a Titan, a trophy for any gamer or modeler/painter, so I think the chaplain and arachnid had a few good points. Also Tutankhankh point was alright, "GIMMI MY TITAN BACK, WAAAAAGH!!!!"
    "if all else fails" were the key words
    Ultramarines: W1 D1 L1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Please take this in the constructive criticism manner in which it is intended...

Knowing what titans go for, I'd say you were nuts to let this thing out of your sight with little more than a handshake and a wink in return. I'm not sure what the Iron Hands army was worth, but I have serious doubts as to whether painting your boys is enough compensation.

Now, I give you credit for trusting a store employee, but even that is no guarantee. I'd make a stink with him at the store, preferably in front of his manager, and like others have said, give him an ultimatum: The titan or something comparable by X date.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

+ Reply to Thread