Other Making your posts better - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

Making your posts better

I've been posting lots of pictures these days, for ive been very excited about my DA army. However my last three posts have gotten NO replies. It is really discouraging me that nobody has ANYTHING to say about my minis. Is there anyway to make my posts better or more atractive?? The link to my biggest project with no repiles is in my signature.

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

I know how that feels, but dont worry about it. Im soon gonna run a contest here thats going to give replies to any topic sitewide
    Blackhat's new blog network for terrain crafters!
    www.terraincrafters.com

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

It happens, people ''window shop''. It can be a bit discouraging not to get any replies. How exactly are you posting? If you ask for constructive criticism them generally some of the more experienced guys will help you out. If you're just posting to ''show off'' so to put it, then remember that you are (i hope) posting to show others your work, and not necessarily in order to get praise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhat View Post
    I know how that feels, but dont worry about it. Im soon gonna run a contest here thats going to give replies to any topic sitewide
    really? awesome! I shall take part!

On topic: some threads live, others die. Yours are just getting the short straws lately
    How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
    My recruitment link!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

<insert Kick Ass Title Here!>

I find a nifty title tends to get responses. Or at least views, but the more people who view it, then in theory the more responses. Works for my Facebook notes.
    My award winning Orky tale

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

I know what you mean, yesterday in the modeling section someone was asking if anyone had used pig iron heads on a gaurdsmen. So just for that thread i built and painted a rebel gaurdsmen with a pig iron head. Nobody (not even the thread starter)
    bother to reply!!! I'm not bitter!!! So just so i feel like my work did not go to waste i'm going to post a pic here as well!

I do find that giving your threads strange and wonderful titles helps grabs peoples attettion and trying to keep you post short and sweet with nice pics really helps. Also i know this will sound disloyal

but try posting your project threads on a few forums. I post mine on my local gaming club forum, here, warseer, hersey and A.U online.
    It helps to get more replies.

Also people see pictures or marines and I.G armies everyday online. Maybe if you want more replies you really have to make your army stand out. Maybe make it the best paint job you can or go with other ideas,
    anything to make your army something which people will notice!

- Boomer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

That's a nice traitor Guard.
    But the Heresy meter is awesome
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

ha ha! Ive been dying to use it for ages!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Don't worry about it. It happens to everyone sooner or later, but don't let it discourage you.
    When I have posted models in the past I have sometimes had 2-3 pages of replies, and sometimes just a single one.
    What the others have mentioned are all valid points. Especially visiting several forums for a broader amount of feedback and replies (I frequent 4 different forums, 2 Swedish and 2 international, but LO is my main love interest ) is something worth considering (even though you would be hard-pressed in finding a better community than LO, if I may say so ).

I don't post too much in the painting and modelling forums these days. Mostly just frequent the project logs of a couple of veterans. I should check more threads, especially in the projects-section, because I know I'm missing out on some great stuff. Or perhaps I should spend that time painting my own stuff instead... hmm... No.
    Last edited by Da Mighty Camel; February 18th, 2009 at 13:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

I find that once a user is well known and has more posts, he (or she) gets more replies and agreements whenever he starts a thread! I know get much more replies then i did when i was a junior member!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast