WHFB Best improved army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Most improved army

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Empire

2 4.55%
  • Orcs and Goblins

0 0%
  • High Elves

3 6.82%
  • Vampire Counts

10 22.73%
  • Dark Elves

16 36.36%
  • Warrirors of Chaos

5 11.36%
  • Lizardmen

8 18.18%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Best improved army

Since 7th edition came out, what in your opinion was the best improvement. What army has been been improved the most? Empire? Orcs & Goblins, High Elves, Vampire counts, Dark Elves, (not counting daemons since this is their first book), Warriors of Chaos, or Lizardmen. I think WoC have gotten the biggest boost. That or are tied with Lizardmen.

If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

This is an easy choice. Dark elves went from being one of the worst (if not the worst) armies in the game to being the 3rd best army.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

It seems to me that the trend is to make the newest army book overcompensate for all the others, instead of achieving a relative balance, it seems to hold true in 40K as well.
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Most of the newer books liik kind of balanced to me, if a little boring (WoC, DoC)

High ELves, though, seem to have gone from one of the easiest opponents to beat, to one of the most breakable armies in fantasy

Have to disagree with FC, i wouldn't say that DE are 3rd best, although i have no real basis for my opinion (e.g are they doing well at tourneys? i dont know)

Kabbala is spot on, its all about the $_$ lol.
    Last edited by Phoenix; February 23rd, 2009 at 10:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Dark Elves are doing very well in tourneys. Thing is they compete very well (above most armies) in every aspect of the game since the new book came out. They have some great magic items now (like the reverse ward save, ring of hotek, ASF banner for blackguard, etc.), and have probably the best deal in all of warhammer with the hydra. Just about everything in their book got a lot better, aside from executioners, and the only reason why they are taken less often now is because they are about the same as before...and well everything just got so much better. They really went from the bottom of the barrel to top tier. I have played against them quite often (as it was one of my friend's army) both before and after the new book, and the change is astoundingly drastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Empire, more different HQ options with most options being available on both Lord and Hero levels, subtle tweaks on the unit choices and very cool new models.

I could have gone for the WoC cheese fest but i feel that a good update is a solid and subtle update, not a general massive overpowerment.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by frozencore View Post
    Dark Elves are doing very well in tourneys. Thing is they compete very well (above most armies) in every aspect of the game since the new book came out. They have some great magic items now (like the reverse ward save, ring of hotek, ASF banner for blackguard, etc.), and have probably the best deal in all of warhammer with the hydra. Just about everything in their book got a lot better, aside from executioners, and the only reason why they are taken less often now is because they are about the same as before...and well everything just got so much better. They really went from the bottom of the barrel to top tier. I have played against them quite often (as it was one of my friend's army) both before and after the new book, and the change is astoundingly drastic.
    Thats good to know then Im just getting back in to ''proxy-hammer'' gaming, and my mate is making some Card/paper DEs (Gunline...) so hopefully they should be a challenge for my beasts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I voted for dark elves as well. I would rate them as the third best army now as well. I like there book better though, because you can make many different lists, and have a well balanced army in them all, able to at least compete with the top armies.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Thats good to know then Im just getting back in to ''proxy-hammer'' gaming, and my mate is making some Card/paper DEs (Gunline...) so hopefully they should be a challenge for my beasts
    I find that most forces are a challenge to my beasts, the beasts are not overendowed in the powercheese department!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Just found out the GT results from the UKGT-
    Top 10 looked like this

1. Daemons
    2. Daemons
    3. Vampires
    4. Daemons
    5. Daemons
    6. Dark Elves
    7. Daemons
    8. Daemons
    9. Dwarfs
    10. Warriors of Chaos

Kinda says it all really, I'd count demons in there, otherwise you'd have a case for not including warriors due to them both being in an AB together before. But when 6 of the top 8 are one army, something's wrong. I can see demons being the new skaven- very overpowered and easy to break, so rather than GW redoing the AB they'll let them sit as overpowered for a long long time til they have no other books to update.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast