Poor Sports and their deserved spot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x1)

Poor Sports and their deserved spot

I dunno about you guys, but i've lost all respect for poor sports. I play once a week at my local GW store on thursday night for vets night. There is a guy there that every time he plays, he doesn't roll well, and begins to freak out. He throws dice arround and sometimes even his models. He is probably the worst possible person to play in the world, but was the only opponent tonight. We played one and half rounds and he quit and started packing up...I've played him acouple times before but today tipped the scale for me.

Basically, my point is, people who can't play the game without being reasonable to the fact that IT"S A FREAKING GAME, need to be brought outside behind the shed and old yeller'd. I honnestly think this game, as well as any other game for that matter, should ban players who act this way. It's not fun for anyone who is involved, specially your opponent. In my case as i said, no one else was there, he quit in round 2, and I end up going home pissed off that I didnt get to fully kick his ass.

what u think

Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

It's his problem. You know who the guy is, just don't play him again. Eventually he'll get the message or just run out of opponents.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

I had an opponent who was a real nice guy, but when he had figures on the table, he would yell at anything he deemed to be a rules breach (despite the fact that he was often wrong >.<). In the end, I just stopped playing him, as did almost everyone else. When anyone forfeited the game due to it being no fun, he yelled some more, and would accuse them of being sore losers =/.

Presently in my gaming group, whilst we swear and complain at bad dice rolls, it's mostly meant in fun, and we shake hands after the game and everything.

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the reason I use really big dice and say, "Just remember, every one of my models you hit with those pansy dice, I get to hit yours with my larger ones." usually keeps them from throwing around dice in a losing fit, because I'm so tough and everything.

Now that my ego has been reasonably stroked, just ignore them. If nobody wants to play against a whiny guy, then he'll either quit or become less whiny. Of course with bratty kids, they eventually learn to stop being bratty.
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x3)

This topic has been done so many times before. Since I've been here, Its happened at least 20+ times. I really think one of these should be stickied or something.
    How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
    My recruitment link!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x3)

Eh, let people vent every few months. It's not like you're being forced to read them.

...or are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Well, i want to win, but if i don't win, i don't start throwing a tantrum... Don't play 'em, and, if you're feeling confident enough, tell him why you don't play him. It'll make you feel better and hopely give him something to think about.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

I'm a bit too relaxed for this to get to me much. I just laugh off their tantrums until they're quiet.

~ L

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Yeah I think that every gaming group has at least 1 person that always whines and pisses people off. In ours I avoid brandon like the plague.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin vanrooyen View Post
    Yeah I think that every gaming group has at least 1 person that always whines and pisses people off. In ours I avoid brandon like the plague.
    Lol, a named whiner there... "Brandon". WE NOW KNOW WHO YOU ARE BRANDON!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast