Running an introduction scenario - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running an introduction scenario

Hello all

Some of my friends are starting to play 40k and I'm thinking of running a couple of introducion scenarios. The armys we have are: Ultramarines, orks, and a small army of imperial guard. How many points 1000, or should I make smaller armies (500???)
    What scenario should i play, one of the standard senarios seems to be a good pick but witch one???

Thankfull for replys

Captain Octavius
    Ultramarines Second company

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go with 500pts to start with,
    any of the standerd missions are pretty good (though i find cleanse and nightfight quite borring)

i suggest playing these games on a borad which is only 3'x3' though, as most troops wont have transports and it take along time to walk accros a battle field

rescue missions are always fun,
    try sabotage and take and hold too (neither of which are standerd missions, but they're both very good scenrios)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the army list section I posted some rules we used for a 550 point league. The scenarios and board length worked out very well. I honsetly say 550 (or 500) is a perfect point value. It allows you to play a game within an hour or so. An afternoon will allow people to play several games (and play several armies).

Also, a 4' X 4' table works out great also. Check my post out...

Closed Thread