WH40K Arrrgggh, Help Me Please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x1)

Arrrgggh, Help Me Please

Gaming wise I am in a rut and need some advice.

In the past I have had Eldar, Space Marine, Tyrannid, Daemonhunter (pure Grey Knight) and Imperial Guard armies. I enjoyed painting them all, then sold them to move onto something new.

Trouble is that now I can't seem to get my teeth into another army. I have dabled in Dark Eldar, Orcs, Chaos and Daemons but nothing seems to get my paint brush dancing over the mini.

The up shot of it (having sold my previous armies) is that I haven't played a 40K game since January as I don't have an army.

Now, LOTR is a non-starter (no players), whilst I cannot seem to get into WHFB.

I suppose the Grey Knights were my favourite as they were an elite force (low model count), that were very fluffy and not many people played them. The low model count I think is very important as being a perfectionist every detail on every model must be painted. That's why WHFB has never really appealed, the thought of painting every detail on blocks of 20 archers etc!

Anyway, enough of the rambling. If anyone has some tips for getting out of the rut, or some good ideas for fluffy 40K armies which are in some way different then please post a reply.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

witchhunters?
    For get your Mr T, John Mayer leaks pure awesomeness with every note he plays.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

More Specifically I'd say Sisters of Battle.

They have a fairly unique look to them, and offer a unique army compositiona dn playstyle as well.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x3)

Well, regarding Fantasy, Ogres do have a low model count (if you pay no attention to the ever so numerous gnoblars, and they have the bonus of being played by few people. An all calvary Brettonians list has few models to paint up too, mind you, that's quite a bit more popular.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

well I think that right now my warriors of chaos army has like 30 models at 3000 pts... so you can run small armies in the game... and the one game they played against orcs i wiped them to the model...
    Slaanesh, god of the beer goggles

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

You need a themed army! Maybe try a Blood Angels army with dramatically posed Veteran Assault Squads? Noir-style Necrons in trench coats and fedoras, still smoking the massive cigars that killed them in the first place? Convert some Tau into a "Vietnam War" theme?
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    You need a themed army! Maybe try a Blood Angels army with dramatically posed Veteran Assault Squads? Noir-style Necrons in trench coats and fedoras, still smoking the massive cigars that killed them in the first place? Convert some Tau into a "Vietnam War" theme?
    Dude! Those would be the most awesome Necrons EVER! Someone should make an army of them (I'm far to damn lazy to do it myself).
    My blog - http://wingsofsanguinius.blogspot.com
    Been here nearly 10 years and still haven't managed 500 posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you cant think just look around GW and look at the leaders and random models and see what looks the coolest and which has the most variety or which you think you could add the most fluff to too make you want to paint them. I have the quite opposite I like too many armies literally too many, I just don't really have the funds to do them have you thought about a Warriors of Chaos army or even a Skaven army. Yes it does have a high model count but its leaders and war machines and teams could offer a good chance for detailed painting or as suggested an army of like trenchcoat necrons or a gears styled marine army, in yhe end its up too you so,
    Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; June 15th, 2009 at 06:04.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

: ( some one else has mah avatar : (

Really if you are looking for something that you can go in depth on the detail and not having a million ,odels, you could always go with warriors of chaos for fantasy, or maybe a death wing army or ravenwing army for 40k
    Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; June 15th, 2009 at 06:04.
    Slaanesh, god of the beer goggles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sos mate jus thin kit looks proper kool.
    Could you please at least attempt to use proper capitals and punctuation? -AFG//
    Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; June 15th, 2009 at 06:05.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast