Why can't GW sell these - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Why can't GW sell these

Why doesn't GW sell individual bitz? Doing WYSIWYG is a pain in the butt when your commander needs item X and the only way to get it is to buy a box set worth $35 and steal a part from there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...mate you answered your own question

anyways, there are a lot of places that you can go out and get specific bits from, for example, my favorite, battlewagon bits, from the warstore, its a great website.
    BattleWagon Bits!

Sometimes the bits are a bit pricey, but other ones are dirt cheap there, it is a little confusing but it's a great place, with good customer service. Trust me, I'm building a 150 man Ig army that uses backpacks, heavy bolter arms, pig-iron heads and all sorts of other sprues from there, I order a lot...
    Iske 12th Rangers (IG) (1500 pts) (W/L/D) 25-43-2 Da Dakkad Dizzy Deff Skullz (1500 pts) 1-0-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

I hear you on that one. Terrible for the game, great for business. That's GW's motto! (I'm kidding GW, really! You know I love ya.)

If you've got a store near enough, that is going to be your best option. Check with players you meet if they might want to trade for some other bitz (mutual benefit FTW). The store might even have a bitz box if you ask.

There is also an online store at bitsandkits.co.uk, but just about everything there is always out of stock.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Because the warehouse they needed to store the thousands upon thousands of different bits (most who no one ever bought) cost them £200k per year.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    Because the warehouse they needed to store the thousands upon thousands of different bits (most who no one ever bought) cost them £200k per year.
    This is true they used to make all the bits and keep them in bins in wear houses and boxed up/ sold as needed. As pointed out this was costing alot of money. You still might be able to get things made on demand from the HQ i know you used to but might be a treck to nottingham for you.
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x4)

Warstore is where it's at. But I also bounce around BitsandKits and Bitz Barn. Between the 3 of them I can usually find what I need.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

The biggest problem I think is you can't really pour just part of the mold. If some particular model's sword arm is a really popular bit, you end up being stuck with piles and piles of totally un-sellable 'bodies' that are just lost labor/materials and dead stock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorAffe View Post
    The biggest problem I think is you can't really pour just part of the mold. If some particular model's sword arm is a really popular bit, you end up being stuck with piles and piles of totally un-sellable 'bodies' that are just lost labor/materials and dead stock.
    Yeah, this is a problem that a lot of the bitz websites have. If one item is really popular, but they run out of stock, then they have to order the entire box set just to get one of that bit back in stock. It's quite interesting to look at websites that have stock counters because you can see which bits are popular (out of stock) and which bits aren't, and consequently they have 50+ sitting in stock that just won't sell. Mostly bodies, and tank chassis parts and other things like that, because when people make bitz orders they usually want the heads/weapons/shoulder pads/turrets etc.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

While I understand GW not selling bits (I used to hate filling in mail order forms for dragons) I do feel sorry for the new staff though who never got to go on the bin-run!
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x3)

Well, they have started to sell bitz packs, and I can see them expanding upon this to include popularly used bitz (certain marine heads, powerklaws, etc.) in the near future.
    How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
    My recruitment link!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast