Other What would you do? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

What would you do?

Hypothetical situation. Your a gamer who builds his models notoriously slow. You enjoy the hobby but due to time constraints and wanting to take your time, you often don't have enough finished models to play larger games. Your sitting around with your regular gaming buddies and have to go out for an hour, you leave some unbuilt models there. Upon returning you find your friends cutting out and building your models for you, without your permission, because they want a 2000 point game.

This happened to my brother this afternoon and he was NOT amused. But, being the over-nice guy he is, he let it slide and asked nicely for them to stop, which I'm pretty sure they didn't (he had to leave again for a little while and didn't have time to pack it all up).

So what would you do If your mates started building your models while your out of the room?

Kabal of the Twilight Blade - Host of Tecpatl - Salamanders 3rd

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

I'd stop bringing unassembled figures figures around. If it were happening at my place, I just wouldn't invite them around again - such people are undeserving of my hospitality.

Though if you refer to what I would do if I walked in and saw them doing it, I'd politely ask them to cease and desist.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

If this happened to me it wouldn't happen again..
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Well they're my models, I want to assemble them, not anyone else. I'd be pretty pi**ed off if someone started building my models for me just because they were in a hurry to get a game. What would have happened if, say, I'd wanted to convert some of the models? Can't do that if someone else has just built them without your permission.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

I would not be pleased.
    Luckily I do not leave unmade models sitting unattended with people who might build them.

I want to build all my men, every one!
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

Were they doing to help your brother? Maybe to give him a helping hand knowing how long it takes him? If so theres probably not as much harm in it but it still sucks that they started doing it without his approval. They could have maybe asked your bro what he wanted (and if he did want help to begin with) and all done it together as a group.
    Currently play: 4000+ of Black Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    Were they doing to help your brother? Maybe to give him a helping hand knowing how long it takes him? If so theres probably not as much harm in it but it still sucks that they started doing it without his approval. They could have maybe asked your bro what he wanted (and if he did want help to begin with) and all done it together as a group.
    I don't doubt that they meant well - I think the problem lies in the fact that it's fun to do all the assembling/converting yourself. Personally, I love it (gluing stuff together, making sure they all enhance each others' poses, getting high off the fumes...), and would be slightly irritated if my friends decided to start doing all that just because they couldn't wait a few more weeks to play a slightly bigger game than last week.

Not meaning to come across as argumentative, but that's my interpretation of the situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracon Bob View Post
    This happened to my brother this afternoon and he was NOT amused. But, being the over-nice guy he is, he let it slide and asked nicely for them to stop, which I'm pretty sure they didn't (he had to leave again for a little while and didn't have time to pack it all up).
    Well, if he's your younger brother, i'd go and have a little talk with those guys. This really isn't done. Image: "Yeah, i gave your car another color, i didn't like the old one".
    Last edited by Zema; June 29th, 2009 at 15:18.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    Nope, he wanted to do it himself and everyone knew that. Modeling is one of my favourite parts of the hobby and people know that touching my models is like smacking my berserk button with a sledge hammer. The satisfaction of doing EVERYTHING yourself and being able to be proud of it is more what they were depriving him of, which is a shame. Personally, thats my favourite part of the hobby.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to come back and find all the tedious building done for them.
    Kabal of the Twilight Blade - Host of Tecpatl - Salamanders 3rd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give them a brush, paints and a list of the models that I want, if they are that keen on building my models then they can buy them and paint them as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast