Rituals of Luck - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rituals of Luck

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Rituals of Luck

After my last game of necromunda, and 40k I have been noticing my luck slipping horribly, and I do mean horribly. In the game against eldar it was a mere 500 points, i deepstrike a drop pod with a full tactical squad in next to his unit of guardians sitting on his objective. I figure flamer plus massed rapid fire should wipe the guardians clen off the board. Long story short I was wrong. The flamer hit 5 guardians and needed a mere 3+ to take them off the table, no wounds! 1 rapid firing bolter shots from the marines plus another 2 from the heavy bolters pistol and the sergeants pistol needing 3s to hit and 3s to wound wth no armour saves only 2 guardians drop! They as well as a small unit of dire avengers ten return fire on me with the assistance of bladestorm 14 wound translates into 9 failed saves! The poor sergeant was then assaulted and quickly disposed of. My other units didn't fare much better, and he boarded me in turn 4.

After this I ended up playing my brother in necromunda. My two heavy stubbers (very heavy weapons at that scale for anyone who doesnt know) Over the course of the game made a decent 8 hits, but despite needing 3s to wound only downed one ganger, who immediately got up and took the decrease to his bs and ws! Later in that very game I charged one of my brothers downed juves, I finally rolled a six, while his injuries and my charging momentum ment I got 7 hits on him. I just needed to roll 4+ to wound and then anything but a 1 to put him out of the game for good. The 7 dice hit the table to reveale all 1s 2s and 3s! Not once had I even wounded him. At the first opportunity I opted to bottle (Conceded to any non necromunda players)

Anyways after my lonng speech there had to be some point of I need to know any rituals you use for luck. Do blowing on dice really work and such. If my dice are horrible to me I will occasionaly take a hammer to it, but what do you fellow LOers do to combat bad luck?

Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Well i dont personally use any rituals, i figure it all comes down to chances.

but my friend, before rolling any extremely important rolls, yells Save me captian America! or Captain America, its up to you! I laughed the first few times it worked... then started geting creeped out when after a 5 or 6 times it never failed him.... it worked flawlessly untill he decided hed use it for every roll, thats when his luck started going badly (failing everytime he called on CA). he decided that Captain America did not appreciate being overly used (hes obviously very busy with the recesion etc right now) so only calls upon his power on extremly important rolls, id say 2/3 times it works.

Maybe you should find your favorite video game/comic character and use him. lol who knows?
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Choose chaos god

Pray to chaos god

Dance

Roll 6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Since you're playing necromunda, and it is a very gang-oriented game you should throw some ghetto slang out there when you roll.
    Examples
    "brace yourself foo!"
    "give me thems sneekers"
    "aw yeah"
    "fa sho"
    "off the chain"
    "chillaxin"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Several guys around here don't roll to steal the initiative - they roll to take the initiative. Superstition or not, it somehow seems to work more often than not!
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I follow an involved process for insuring that my dice roll well on the day of battle. Be forewarned: not following this procedure precisely can only result in poor dice rolling, it can visit disaster upon you! :o

First, two days before I play, I slaughter a goat. The goat must be a he-goat, and it's behind must be shaven. Collect two liters of the goat's spilled blood and seal it in an air-tight jug. Leave the jug outdoors for 24 hours, regardless of the weather. In case of freezing weather, wrap it in a blanket. The blood must not freeze! This is done so that the blood may tap the elemental forces of weather. Even a minute breeze can blow your dice off course! If you do not have access to a goat, a good butcher, or the black market, you can use ketchup, but it must be Heinz's! Nothing else will do.

While the jug is focusing elemental force on the goat's blood, I do a dance over the dice. Place them in a crystal chalice, but be careful not to dance on the chalice! If you do not have a chalice, you can use a plastic Taco Bell cup, but only Taco Bell! The dance must resemble the tumbling of two dice, but this dance must be done without a partner! The dance is somewhat freeform and best performed to The Rolling Stones (but only pre-80s Stones), Van Halen (David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar, doesn't matter), or Weird Al Yankovic (his polkas work really well). Whatever the music, it must not be techno! This interferes with the fluidity of quantum statistics. Although the dance is somewhat freeform, it must resemble the fluidity of the dice's quantum statistics. Therefore, the dancer must come up sevens most of the time. This is done by contorting the body into a seven, as if seen from above. Remember, though, sevens are formed in numerous ways (6+1, 3+4, 4+3, etc.). You must cover all of these, as well as the other numbers, excepting one combination. Do not make the mistake of dancing double ones! The dance must last at least as long as you expect the game to last. Give yourself plenty of time for dancing. You will need a CD changer preloaded.

Now the gamer is ready to tame the dice. After twenty-four hours of focusing the blood and faithfully performing the dance of the dice, the dice must undergo a bloody ablution. Take each individual die that you intend to use. Kiss it once, like you would your mother. Do not kiss them lustfully; you will send the wrong message. Kiss each one meaningfully; if you do not kiss in earnest, all will be for naught. As you kiss each individual die, drop it into the blood, which should have been transferred into a sterling silver basin. If you do not have a sterling silver basin, a porcelain chamber pot will work just as well. Tell the die that you see its strength and respect its bravery; tell it that you know it will roll strong and hearty in the heat of battle. Only at this point will the dice be clean of rolling pollutants. Be careful! Don't forget scatter and artillery dice!

Leave the dice in the blood overnight. They will tap its gathered elemental force. Your dance will insure statistical favorability. Your kisses will communicate that you care for and respect the dice and that you acknowledge their most important role.

On the morning of battle, rinse the dice. They desire tidiness and dried blood can throw off their balance. Also you will frighten your opponent and raise his suspicions if you do not rinse the dice. Remember, this secret is for you and you alone.

So there it is, my sanguine friends. The secret of dice-rolling. And don't forget, not following the steps meticulously can lead to great and sundry disaster.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
    Later in that very game I charged one of my brothers downed juves
    Silly rabbit, scavies don't have juves.

Remember what I did to the die that failed me?

A little ritual I have is to try and keep an eye on the die that rolls bad, (I found mine when I rolled 4 1'ss in a row for recovery of my old necromunda gang, let's just say 11 on a D66 role is a bad roll, and twice in a row... I grabbed the die, and a hammer. I placed all of the other dice in plain sight of the 1's die, placed the 1's die on the cement floor... If you're going to hit the die hard make sure you aren't wearing shorts, I had a few die shards in my leg and a small cut that was bleeding.

After that I picked up 2 dice, double 6, then re-rolled them -double 5. My luck didn't last forver but it was nice while it lasted, especially for rolling exp and income
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

Never rolling dice with my left hand seems to work for me. That being said Im right handed so.......lately Ive taken to wearing the same Man Utd jersey while playing Omegoku-its seems to be bringing luck so why fix it if it aint broke?
    Currently play: 4000+ of Black Legion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Three things, actually:

1. I always play with dice that are colored for my army. My black and red dice with white pips come out for my Dark Elves and Raven Guard, while I have different sets of red and blue dice with gold pips for Bretonnia.

2. As the game goes on, I seem to gravitate towards one of the two sets of dice for high/low rolls. I'll either go with the black or the red when needing a crucial leadership check, for instance, but then switch to the other for crucial wound rolls.

3. I never talk about how lucky I am when things go well (although this might just be decent sportsmanship).

Tekore

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Thanks for all theese tips everyone, but I have one more favour to ask. Does anyone have a spare goat?
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast