WH40K Chaos: would you or wouldn't you? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    I was very, VERY drunk. thechaplain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x3)

Chaos: would you or wouldn't you?

So picture the scene - you are John Smith, average Imperial citizen. You do an ordinary job on an ordinary world for ordinary pay. There's no major wars, no terrifying xenos threat, no massed pressence of Space Marines and no famous Inquisitors watching your every move. You're worried about getting old, you keep meaning to lose a bit of weight but never get round to it and you hate your boss. In other words, you're part of the solid 90% of the Imperium that don't make the Black Library novels.

And then it occurs to you. You could sacrifice your neighbours cat to Slannesh and lose that weight fairly instantly. You could ask Tzeench for a leg up at work. Those are the two I'd see as most appealing to the average man, anyway. And, you ask yourself, who would find out? And does it really matter that you're letting down a corpse millions of miles away?

So do you do it? Do you live the successful happy life we all want, at the expense of your Imperial allegance? I'll need to think about it myself, and I'd love to hear thoughts!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two words: Burn Heretic!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

If I had the knowledge I do right now, then I probably wouldn't. For all I know, I'd end up with a mutated limb or six eyes popping out of my ear. If I didn't have the knowledge, I wouldn't see why not; I don't know that it's inherently evil (according to the Imperium), I don't know that there's a (probably good) chance I could be mutated or bound in servitude, and I don't really have any allegiance to an Emperor I've only heard rumours about.

Pay raise, good with the ladies, nice and trim physique? Sure, why not?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Oh, you could kill that cheating wench of a wife and offer her skull for Khorne or kill Fred in accounting who got that promotion you've been waiting for, plus you suspect he's the one nailing your lady.

if you catch a cold or something you could strike a deal with nurgle and not feel all sick-like, you just got to spread the illness.
    Warhammer 40k: Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Space Lizards (wolves), Kroot, Witch Hunters, Dark Eldar
    Warhammer: Lizardmen, Empire, Vampire Counts, Brettonians, High Elves, Skaven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

136 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    If I had the knowledge I do right now, then I probably wouldn't. For all I know, I'd end up with a mutated limb or six eyes popping out of my ear. If I didn't have the knowledge, I wouldn't see why not; I don't know that it's inherently evil (according to the Imperium), I don't know that there's a (probably good) chance I could be mutated or bound in servitude, and I don't really have any allegiance to an Emperor I've only heard rumours about.

Pay raise, good with the ladies, nice and trim physique? Sure, why not?
    That's what I'm talking about - none of us would know what we know now, so it really wouldn't seem like a bad idea, would it? So it also begs the question, why aren't there far more traitors than there actually are?

Quote Originally Posted by Duo_Sonata View Post
    Oh, you could kill that cheating wench of a wife and offer her skull for Khorne or kill Fred in accounting who got that promotion you've been waiting for, plus you suspect he's the one nailing your lady.

if you catch a cold or something you could strike a deal with nurgle and not feel all sick-like, you just got to spread the illness.
    Yep, would all be alot of fun.

I think that I probably would. Not because I want to be a bad guy, just because I'd be ignorant and desperate. I reckon I'd be one of those eejits that think they can use the powers of chaos for good and wont become a slave to them.

I'd take slannesh - the kind of stuff s/he can give you would lead to one happy life. Ha ha - I'm almost starting to wish it was an option now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

currently i'd have to say no, but if i were a desperate imperial i'd have to say yes like many of you. however, it also depends on your location in the imperium:

high inquisitor presence:no
    low inquisitor presence:no

hive world:no
    agricultural world:yes
    forgeworld:no
    It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, It doesn't laugh or cry, All it does from dusk till dawn, is make the soldiers die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x1)

If I knew what I know now: No - it'd be a plain dumb idea. High risk, low gain.

If I didn't know what I know now: No - why waste my time with superstitious nonsense and hocuspocus when I risk some very uncomfortable questions asked by my peers (or my betters)?
    No.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Hell YES.

The mutations are GIFTS. They are advancements into the glory of CHAOS. F your medals and shiney gobs and gits. I get a new fcking arm that is a flesh and bone CHAINSAW.

Pure joy. Pure expression. Pure emotion.

Like a constant orgasm. Do you think you would care what you looked like? You're too busy feeling good and being fcking awesome.

We are not "evil", We are but living on a different set of standards and a different outlook upon life. Sacrificing a Human being's mangled corpse in a gruesome way to Khorne is actually a GLORIOUS event and means of a great celebration! It was probably somebody you "knew", but who is your real friend anyways? Do you think he would care about you if he saw you dieing in the street? No. He doesn't want that "responsibility". He barley deserved the sacrifice. Your real friends? The ones you truley love and care for? Bring them with you. If you really care for them, let them indulge in the magic you are dwelling in. Give them the gift of ANARCHY..the gift of FREEDOM..the gift of doing whatever you want, however you want, whenever you want. And let the dark gods be your fuel to your engine of joy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

136 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by STUGSTUGSTUGSTUG View Post
    Hell YES.

The mutations are GIFTS. They are advancements into the glory of CHAOS. F your medals and shiney gobs and gits. I get a new fcking arm that is a flesh and bone CHAINSAW.

Pure joy. Pure expression. Pure emotion.

Like a constant orgasm. Do you think you would care what you looked like? You're too busy feeling good and being fcking awesome.

We are not "evil", We are but living on a different set of standards and a different outlook upon life. Sacrificing a Human being's mangled corpse in a gruesome way to Khorne is actually a GLORIOUS event and means of a great celebration! It was probably somebody you "knew", but who is your real friend anyways? Do you think he would care about you if he saw you dieing in the street? No. He doesn't want that "responsibility". He barley deserved the sacrifice. Your real friends? The ones you truley love and care for? Bring them with you. If you really care for them, let them indulge in the magic you are dwelling in. Give them the gift of ANARCHY..the gift of FREEDOM..the gift of doing whatever you want, however you want, whenever you want. And let the dark gods be your fuel to your engine of joy.
    Riiight... Erm, you know it's not real, right?

And watch the language, please.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

--> Average Gamer | <-- the line.............................................................--> Stug

So anyways, I would do it. It sounds crazy, but in a way I agree with Stug. The world, quite frankly, is getting tubed. People are so bent on progress and advancement that morals really mean very little anymore. So why not grab onto any advantage you can? Being a slave for eternity is better than dying in forty years.
    Immortality is a question of faith. If you believe in an Afterlife, then join the military and die a glorious death, sit at the right hand of the Emperor/God. If you think that it's all just BS, or you aren't sure, cast your lot with immortality. At least you know what living forever entails.

It's my personal dream to go down in flames. I want to live fast and die young, doing the things that I enjoy. I don't want to live to get old and feeble, ugly and weak. Furthermore, I want to be infamous, an example to the world of what they are heading for. Kill all of your morals, and live for progress alone, and a sense of self-entitlement, and you'll be successful. But you'll be just like me.
    I'd martyr my soul to show the world what it's been doing wrong.

Sound like a Chaos Cultists? Yeah, I probably would be.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast