Librarium Online Forums banner

Spammies 'Guardsman Ownage series' thread-ideas

WH40K 
3K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  sithjack 
#1 · (Edited)
Basically, I want to do a lot of mini dioramas. All of which involve a guardsman or guardsmen getting owned, PWNed, killed embaresingly, what ever you want to call it.
Rep for anyones ideas I use.
Here's my ideas so far. The ones in bold, I've decided on;

Chaos Daemons- have a warp rift open underneath him
Chaos Space Marines-Being hit by a magic bolt and starting to mutate. (thanks to ArtificiallyEnhanced)
Daemonhunters-Assassin shooting an eldar and the guardsman running in front of the shot and getting 'headshotted' (thanks to No 1 Cafe.)
Dark Eldar- have him stuck in a cage, tied up with hooks (thanks to thenewKhan)
Eldar-not sure
Imperial Guard-maybe have him running away and being shot by a commisar?
Necrons- Have a wraith appear from a wall behind him
Orks- having him flame some and have an ork part way through pushing a propane tank into the flame right next to the guardsman.
Space Marines-having a crushed head and a terminator foot print
Tau Empire- stuck up a tree surrounded by kroot hounds. (thanks to Deadstar_MRC)
Tyranids- running through a dark cave lit by a small torch on the floor, looking backwards and running straight towards a 'nid.
Witch Hunters- A guardsman staring and reaching out to her breast plate and getting slapped. (thanks to ArtificiallyEnhanced & Deadstar_MRC.)

These are my ideas. Anyone got any good ones/any help please share. Remember, these should be comical.:dance:

People whose ideas made the list so far;

ArtificiallyEnhanced
thenewKhan
Deadstar_MRC
No 1 Cafe

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice ideas, for the DE one you could use the cage from the giant sprue and some zombie bitz.

Cron one is very cool.

How about something nurgley for the CSM one- maybe a sorceror casting and him getting boils and stuff all down the side of his face?

The commissar with riding crop would be great for the IG one.

Eldar: guardsman running up to vehicle to chuck a grenade up the back and getting blasted by the jet/sucked into the engine.

Tau- tinkering with some tau tech and it exploding.

Eldar I'm not sure about.

#3 ·
Tau/kroot, getting eaten by a kroot/kroot hound.

daemonhunters, maybe combined with chaos, have a Nurgle sorcerer like ArtificiallyEnhanced suggested, but then on the guardsmans other side have a DH getting ready to gun him down.

Maybe have him on his knees holding his head with an eldar using some sort of mind power on him?

DE would be good with a cage, but have some meat hooks or something in his chest/shoulders?

#7 ·
Tau ideas?

I had an idea for a diorama based on one of Jon's painting contests which you could steal.

An imperial guardsman up some small, dead-looking tree (so essentially just a stick in the ground) looking obviously panicked and clutching on for dear life, with a Kroot hound barking (or whatever it is they do) up at him.

Other options; (some already suggested, but I'm just putting my spin on them I suppose)
> getting bapped by a drone (or a just being surrounded by drones)
> Staring down the twin-linked barrels of a broadside when he's only got a laspistol or a knife
> Something similar could be done with a Hammerhead
> Being landed on (or blown away by the exhaust from) a Crisis suit
> Stealthsuit surprise?
> Painting him with a little red laser dot on the middle of his forehead, and a bunch of seeker missiles about to hit him.

Oh, I know! Have him standing over the wreckage of a drone, with some pose indicative of how proud he is of his victory, and then some other Tau unit (Hammerhead, broadside, stealthsuit, whatever) directly behind him.

I suppose that could work for any race, too but using the same idea again and again won't be that good.

For Imperial Guard I thought you could have him getting squished by a tank, but maybe something else may be better.

A line of guardsman carrying some munitions, and one of them tripping over?
Two guardsmen standing together, either with one of them holding a pin and a grenade on the ground between them, or with one of them throwing the pin and still holding the grenade and his friend looking on in horror.

A lot of the above ideas are going to rely on the expression, though, which may be difficult to pull off...

Reactions: Sir Spamalot
#13 ·
for eldar:

wraithlord sword going through him
or
farseer (or other psyker kind of model) crushing his mind. you would have to get creative on how to represent that though.

I don't know much about the sisters, so all I can think of is being crushed by an immolator running the guy over.

#19 ·
Eldar?

I think it has to be a Guardsman having his insides converted to into chunky red gumbo by a Harlequin's kiss. They're super cool pieces of wargear.

That or slicing himself to pieces trying to fight his way out of some spinerette webbing as the Warp Spider looks on with cold indifference.

#20 ·
Don't think I'm gonna be much help here Spammie, I'm not too good with the comedic side of 40k, except wen it comes to orks.

But for an ork one I'm kinda partial to a pet attack-squid munching on the face of a guardsman with the ork just standing by and laughing.

I'll have a think and get back to you. C'mon brain, work...

#21 · (Edited)
How about...

...an eldar guardian with a lasgun chasing an unarmed guardsman.
...a shining spear with the flak jacket of a guardsman cought on his laser lance. The guardsman's kicking and screaming

...a guardsman mistakingly throwing the pin of his grenade.
...a sentinel that tripped over a log and fell on some other guardsmen.

I can't think of any witch hunter ones at the moment, hope one or more of those is more than useless.

The Emperor Protects

#22 ·
Oh! Oh! An idea for Witch hunters! Maybe a touch difficult to model but here goes...

Have a guardsman doing one of those fire tricks where it looks like he's lit a fire in his hand, and a Sister of Battle behind him thinking it's a mutation/witchcraft and about to bash/burn him.

Or... a clumsy guardsman not looking where he's going has walked into a Sister and has his hand on her armoured breastplate in a 'no touching' spot... I would imagine it wouldn't end well for him.

#24 ·
I got an idea from artificiallyEnhanced. Very similar to Deadstars.

A guardsman staring and reaching out to her breast plate and getting slapped.
She better be wearing a power fist.

The Emperor Protects

#27 ·
Have 3 or 4 Guard in full flight from an aproaching Wraithlord, with one being crushed underfoot as his companions run for thier lives!

Or

A Warp Spider standing on a mono-netted Guardsman in a traditional big game hunter pose.

#28 ·
For the Eldar you could have the guardsman find out not all Banshees are female. Do a head swap on the exarch for a male unmasked head.

#29 ·
Eldar: Have the guardsman impaled on the sword of an Avatar.
... getting hit on the head by a stabilizer wing off of the jetbikes
... a few guardsman getting flung around from explosions at there feet, with a dark reaper shooting (presumably making the explosions)
... swooping hawk coming in to land on the ground, with the guardsman's face acting as "the ground"

I'll ad more if I think of any...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.