Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Background

1K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  Blood God 
#1 ·
Here we shall post our thoughts on what the campaign is for...how it started...how it involves everyone...

i saw many suggestions pertaining to this in the suggestions/ideas thread, and frankly it deserves a thread of it's own i believe.

this is a brainstorming and discussion thread, so dont worry, nothing is final until we all say so :lol:

#2 ·
So you wish us to set our thoughts here and then we can decide what and how to run this campain??

#3 ·
we can decide how to run this campaign before we do this is we want...but this is better done first...

the idea of a system of planets of a good one, and will most likely be incorperated...but why this is happening and how it involves us all is the point of this...also moments leading up to this campaign, and backgrounds of the main characters need done (but cant until they are choosen obviously)

#4 ·
I think each army involved should have a planet as there "Home Base" if you will. We each write fluff (No Power writing0 and ask for support from armies in the area. That way we each individually write fluff but can have another member "help" by combining his forces and writing as if hes reinforcements to make things interesting

#5 ·
this could start...with a few planets under imperial control, and one planet under chaos control...dark eldar floating around in space, eldar trying to protect something or other, nids trying to eat us all, tau attempting to negotiate with the imperial planets, failing, and joining the war to steal the planet, and necrons awakening on a nearby dead wolrd

this dead world would allow little secret missions with small games to destroy necron tombs and such...hopelessly outnumbered marine squad planting melta bombs and the like

very brief overview you understand but you get the picture heh

what would you all suggest though?

#7 ·
ahh yes...a map to show whats going on...a very very nice suggestion...my brother can draught us up a quick one if we want (a very very simple one i might add), then we can make in more detailed when its layout is finalised...

i love that idea man :lol:

#12 ·
Dark Eldar can only be the ones outside of the Webway.

Those trapped within cannot get out.

However, those outside of it are seeking Ahriman for revenge, and force him to reverse the process.

There are some very powerful Archons that are *****ed off. . . . . that's a good theme.

#13 ·
no famous people from gw should be in this i think...because its copywrite infringment...and this is our campaign, not theirs...

so our own characters only id say...seeking revenge seems ok, but the gw characters cant have any active part in this whatsoever...only mention them

#15 ·
that can't be put in a better way..... we need this local not national...well in the web sense of terms....

it only makes sense...

and there ya go :D

#18 ·
I like this planet idea. How bout one planet for each race SM/TYRA/DH, and the population is dependant on how active each board for each race is. Kinda screws dark eldar and so on but thats how the boards here are like, and this campaign is about LO.

incubi

#19 ·
a few of the races should indeed have planets to use as their base of operations...these planets can be attacked and invaded, but it would take an overwhelming amount of effort to take these home bases

the scenarios for these planets could be something like, if an enemy race attacks this planet, the defending race's army list will be 50% larger due to their desire to defend their base.

i.e. if the attacker uses 500 points, the defender uses 750

if the attacker uses 1000 points, the defender uses 1500

if the attacker uses 2000 the defender uses 3000

etc

what you think?

#20 ·
maybe but these are just the things we gotta decide on when we start to get our first fluff........ hopefully from boba.....

as the fluff will explain something about where we make the campaign... who will be main competitiors and the like....

also space cow even though i know you are very eager to make something for the campaign we can't really have one person make the entire place it would be too risky for failure (im not calling you one) beacause if the campaign sucks then it would be alotta your fault :(

if its a bunch of us working on it then we can share blaim.........

also carnage the idea is horrbily appealing but too tweked in the defenders favor...

maybe adding 10 percent? as people can overcome that little of increase...... but it will still be fair....

#21 ·
heh its supposed to be horribly in the defenders favour...making the victory so much more sweet for the attacker...but yeah maybe 50% is a bit much heh

#22 ·
I don't like each planet in a Solar System for each race.

Makes it almost too. . . . . . non-fluffy and RTS-like, this is supposed to be a real story.

I think that Genestealer Cult thingy is good, Tyranid invasion to get organic material (LOTs of it), Necrons actually buried underneath, and a trapped Greater Daemon in another planet lol.

Should make it interesting, if EVERYONE was fighting to control a certain sector.

Mabye a big 'Nids vs. Crons battle.

#23 ·
i agree Infrazael it would be rather interesting doing that....

besides think about it carnage if we went 50%

10,000 point battle turns into

15,000 V 10,000 (and the other guy stands no chance :(

if we go 10 %

10,000 V 11,000 makes more sense beside dont forget most defenders always have bunkers and defences....... so it will make it much more interesting.... this would make vicotry much more sweeter :D

#24 ·
Infrazael bring up a good idea.

It would be interesting to throw everyone against each other, but there's a tiny problem (Or at least I think there is)

There are more players of race X then there are of race Y. So, it could come down to who plays the most of a certain race.

I think we could create two, three sides (And mix up the orders) just for the heck of it.

By example, the Imp. Guard could be fighting to conquer and scourge the planets, but the Space Marines would fight solely to drive the attackers off, and have been warned by the Ordo Malleus. Thus, we could put Guard on a different side then Space Marines.

It would break it away from the typical view of the 40k universe, and reinforce how no one side is really allied with any other 1 side.

#25 ·
your idea is really interesting but if you read space marine fluff they dont really ever hardly ally with imperial guard...... but i like your idea who knows this is still up to debate prolly for quite a time longer :D

#26 ·
Actually, the way I see it we could divide all teams into three sides.

Scourge: There solely to kill anything and everything there. Would likely consist of Orks (They're after a good fight) Eldar (They won't risk lesser races releasing a Daemon) and Nids (Yummy)

Defend: These races are there to drive off attackers, and then summarily back off and let life continue (Under surveillance) Possible races would be: SM, SoB, Necrons (Well...get people to back off from their system, then deal with the population seperately)

Attackers: These guys want to get this system, crush it, and gain complete and utter control over it. Races could include: IG (Their superiors don't know what's really at stake, and view complete control as the best course) Chaos (They need a reason? Thought not) Tau (Expansion)

At least that's how I think we could work this. In actuality, that might become tedious. It could also result in alliances, back-stabs, and so on and so forth.

*shrug* Then again. This is just the way I think we could work it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.