WH40K Chaos Daemons, anyone play them? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Daemons, anyone play them?

I've played 40k in several different locations for about 2 years now but I've never ever faced a Chaos Daemon army (I've never faced Dark Eldar either, but that's another story..) . I faced a lot of Chaos Space Marines but not the pure Daemons. Was this a fairly recently newly released race that only got their codex in like 2007 or something?

I've decided to toy with the idea of starting up a Chaos Daemon Army. But I've read there were 4 different Daemon factions and they are not compatible. So in order for me to run an army will I be limited to ONLY nurgle units or Khorne units? Its a shame if you couldn't mix from various forms of daemons for greater variety.

Also I was wondering if anyone on Dakka Dakka has Chaos Daemons as their primary army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Yeah they're relatively new as a standalone army - as for the rest I'm not sure, haven't yet got my hands on the codex (but it won't be long, a mate of mine just bought the codex and about a grands worth of models from eBay by the sound of it)
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DorianGray View Post
    I've played 40k in several different locations for about 2 years now but I've never ever faced a Chaos Daemon army (I've never faced Dark Eldar either, but that's another story..) . I faced a lot of Chaos Space Marines but not the pure Daemons. Was this a fairly recently newly released race that only got their codex in like 2007 or something?

I've decided to toy with the idea of starting up a Chaos Daemon Army. But I've read there were 4 different Daemon factions and they are not compatible. So in order for me to run an army will I be limited to ONLY nurgle units or Khorne units? Its a shame if you couldn't mix from various forms of daemons for greater variety.

Also I was wondering if anyone on Dakka Dakka has Chaos Daemons as their primary army.

Their codex is fairly new but there have been others since, also it is possible to mix the factions for an army, but i prefer fluffwise a pure force.

They were my primary army for a bit, but ive found them to random to be competative, so moved on to dark eldar now as they are so underplayed i like to be different at my local shop

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

But I've read there were 4 different Daemon factions and they are not compatible. So in order for me to run an army will I be limited to ONLY nurgle units or Khorne units?
    You can mix different daemon factions in the same force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

The only restriction is that 1 gods ICs can join another gods units.

The only competitive builds on multi-god lists actually. You can build uni-god lists but they are usually missing a lot of things as i'll describe below:

Think of each different gods units as you would different eldar aspects. Tzeetch is all the shooting units, Khorne is all of the CC units, etc.

They're deeper than that but, that's the easiest way to understand them and to understand why you would mix the gods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bought 2 boxes of deamonettes and the slanesh greater deamon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

The daemons and the Chaos Space Marines are two different armies, the daemons in the csm dex are all the same: bloodletter, horror, daemonette, they have the same stats/abilities. You can`t play strong daemon army from the csm dex anymore.

They are better multigod, they are totally compatible. A pure force of a single god is not recommended. Like sixty daemonettes are very good looking but not that competitive.

I bought a daemons codex about half a year ago, but i did not like them, and I recommend to buy a used dex and read it before you buy any models. Make some lists and post them here.

I beleive they are fun to play and can be very competitive, but I wanted a daemonettes army but as mentioned before they are not that competitve as a pure force and also I don`t like the soul grinder models and they are a necessity in a daemons army.
    Last edited by Kaptin Elwazz; October 10th, 2009 at 21:37.

+ Reply to Thread