WH40K Choices choices choices... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Choices choices choices...

As of recent I am having some trouble deciding where in the hobby to put my fairly meager amount of money into. Now I have been split between two choices, my VERY small catachan army consisting of some ratling snipers, one veteran squad, and a company command squad. Should I put my $10 (Its sad I know, butmy parents won't let me get a job during the school year) towards expanding this army, maybe even making it legal or expanding my approximately 3500 points of space marines. I personally am much more interested in my marines at the time being, although it is a large army, I find it extremely hard to be able to build a competative army out of what it has, and would like to invest in many more drop pods and dreadnaughts. So I am split, please people of the internet give me some insight on this issue.

Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know much about what you should buy, but as for the money problem - have you thought of selling some old stuff on ebay? Or maybe holding a garage sale? Try begging your parents to do extra yard work for them too for a bit of cash.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Guard. Until its legal on the FOC its wasted. Know what you mean about getting more marines, but you must be able to build loads of different armies with 3.5k worth.
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

I'd say guard, having two armies around is good if you want to show someone how the game works, or if a friend comes over and you want to have a quick skirmish. However if you really want more marines, I would suggest thinking heavily about what your army needs, reading through the forum here, and maybe trying some proxies first.

cheers

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Yeah, I'd sell off some of the marines, either through ebay or your local club. With 3,500 points worth, you can't POSSIBLY play with ALL of that stuff! Surely there's SOMETHING you can get rid of.

Then yes, expand on the guardsmen. Giving them a theme will help get you into it. Maybe tie their fluff into that of your marines. With a little more money and some patience on EBay, you could beef them up quite nicely.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by k rad View Post
    I don't know much about what you should buy, but as for the money problem - have you thought of selling some old stuff on ebay? Or maybe holding a garage sale? Try begging your parents to do extra yard work for them too for a bit of cash.
    I'm swamped enough as it is with school work, and my dad usually prefers to do things himself around the house. Otherwise i can usually squeeze maybe five bucks out of him a week when I rerally try for it. As for selling stuff, thats not a half bad idea, if only I hadnt sold everything I didn't want about three months or so ago
    Quote Originally Posted by praxis View Post
    Guard. Until its legal on the FOC its wasted. Know what you mean about getting more marines, but you must be able to build loads of different armies with 3.5k worth.
    I know what you mean with the getting it legal, I'm currently thinking this is what I'll do for a bit now, but in the meantime as their catachans they can double as my necromunda gang.
    Quote Originally Posted by sultansean View Post
    I'd say guard, having two armies around is good if you want to show someone how the game works, or if a friend comes over and you want to have a quick skirmish. However if you really want more marines, I would suggest thinking heavily about what your army needs, reading through the forum here, and maybe trying some proxies first.

cheers
    I've already play tested around enough, and come to the fact that I need some more dreads and pods, if only they weren't so damn expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Yeah, I'd sell off some of the marines, either through ebay or your local club. With 3,500 points worth, you can't POSSIBLY play with ALL of that stuff! Surely there's SOMETHING you can get rid of.

Then yes, expand on the guardsmen. Giving them a theme will help get you into it. Maybe tie their fluff into that of your marines. With a little more money and some patience on EBay, you could beef them up quite nicely.
    I actually can possibly play with ALL that stuff as my gaming group is vvery appocalypse centered, and usually about every one of three games I play is of very large proportions. I might end up trying that ebay option, I'll just have to find a way to sneak the models past Vince. (a local independant retailer I've become fairly close with over the years) Some attatched fluff wouldnt be too hard to attach it to some pre existing fluff I have for my Sons of Dorn chapter.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

im pretty sure they only things under $10 that GW sells is paint, brushes and glue

but otherwise as everyone else says: if your guard doesn't fit the FOC then it's a waste until then

+ Reply to Thread