Ideas For A Possible Storyline - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please any storyline base input can go here for organisation purposes!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During the Horus Heresy, it is common knowledge that Daemons rampaged about freely. Also well known (Among the Ordo Malleus) is that many of these daemons were possessed of immense power. One of these daemons is named Dra’Kyian’Askla. A favored servant of Tzeentch, it reaped a great number of men from the ranks of the Imperium. However, the farseer Ashia knew that his power at the Imperial Palace could not be allowed. Sacrificing thousands of Eldar, Ashia led an attack against the force of the daemon. Finally, in a climatic end, Ashia faced the daemon on a purely psychich battlefield.

Ashia barely won. To imprison the Daemon, the Eldar used a barren planet that few would dream of inhabiting, and used the entire planet as a seal for the Daemon. Shortly following this, Ashia died. The Eldar also knew that a nearby planet was a home to Necrontyr, but did not bring themselves to deal with that threat. An un-named warlock took the news of what had happened to the Imperium, and entrusted it with the members of the Ordo Malleus.

Centuries later, it appears that Ashia’s efforts were in vain. The planet of the Daemon’s imprisonment was later cleared and turned into a mechanical Hive World. In their desperation, the Eldar did not realize that the system (Named Yidran) posessed three planets that were amazingly rich in valuable resources such as Promethium, and Adamantium. The Imperium, however, learned of this and populated these worlds.

An Inquisitor by the name of Kar looked through the vaults of the Ordo Malleus and learned of Dra’Kyian’Ashkla, then proceeded to vow to free the daemon. For a long time, Kar had been turning slowly to the Ruinous Powers, but this small detail drove him to the edge.

At the same time as he went to gather might from Chaos, tragedy befell the Yidran system. At the exact same time, a splinter force from Hive Fleet Corsair arrived in system, interested in expanding their numbers, and the tomb-world’s Necrons awoke. As the Imperial Guard there scrambled to deal with these new threats, the Eldar’s Farseers revealed that the Dark Eldar were arriving to take slaves, and that the Imperial Guard would upset powers they could not comprehend.

Determined to prevent an immense blow to the Imperium, the Eldar mobilized and decided the only way to be sure that the system was safe was to kill everyone there. Overtaxed by the defence,the Imperial Guard could not respond on their own to these two new threats. Desperate, they sent a plea for reinforcements.

Believing it to be rubbish, and not important, the Administratum sent two Regiments to aid the Guard, before re-focusing all their efforts on the Cadian Gate, which was still reeling from the 13th Crusade. Triumphantly, those Guard arrived and aided in the battle. Their victory was short-lived however, as at least two (Undoubtedly more) traitor chapters arrived. At the same time, an Ork Kult tired of Armageddon arrived and wanted to fight.

The second desperate plea was heard, and the Administratum sent the message onto various Space Marine Chapters, who voted to send what they could spare, not entirely believing what the Guard were reporting. So it was that the few chapters and companies arrived, weary from Cadia, and found themselves once again in a hell that would shatter the will of ordinary men.

After being warned by the Ordo Malleus about what could happen, the Space Marines asked the Inquisition to send what could be spared. Without a second thought, they joined the defence, but were often pitted against the Imperial Guard to keep them from going too far.

Thus, the entire Yidran system is now in jeopardy. The Imperial numbers there are not enough to launch a traditional counter-attack, and sides are being pitted against each other all with different motives. So it is, that the Yidran system is now a vital point for the Imperium to defend, lest it fight a might that has not been seen since the days of Horus…

That right there I what I think we should do for the fluff in this campaign. Actually, to be specific, I think we should use that as a guideline, and tweak the hell out of it.

Repeat: Guideline only. Change is good. (Yes, I know I posted this already. But this is where it should go)
    If a tree falls in the forest, and it lands on a mime, does anyone care?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please delet your other copy of the post then please, As i will as well

I will second that motion, I really like this as a base from which we can start the campain

Good suggestion Long_Shot

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus Christ that is very good Long_Shot, thanks for the input man!!!

Let everyone talk, let's see other people's ideas as well.

Then, mabye we can mix/match all the good parts that everyone will like!!!

I'll hopefully come up with some stuff too this weekend. Sorry, very busy right now with some computer stuff.

BTW, Bobahat is back, and he's very willing to work with us.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Senior Member Brother-Captain Fenix's Avatar
    in my mind.........................................
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow i havent read this but good fluff long shot

but come on peoples we can't just settle for one idea the first that comes up we need lots so we can pick one for the story or use bits of them all
    When cities burn and armies turn
    and flee in disarray,

Cowards will cry 'tis best to fly
    and fight another day,

But warriors know it in their marrow when they
    die and fall,

It is better to have fought and lost than not have
    fought at all.

Fenix's Titles!

the keeper of the stuff!
    the knower of werty!
    the master of the obvious!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I hope someone else joins.

Otherwise I'm going to feel the pressing need to update that and change it.

For the better (Hopefully) of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, here is my alternative storyline. Ideas heavily borrowed from Long Shot. Thanks, Long Shot. The fluff you wrote was brilliant.

In ancient times, the Necrontyr race ruled the universe. In those days, they made many magnificent artefacts of power and developed extremely advanced technologies beyond the understanding of humans. To guard these wonders against scrying eyes and would-be thieves, the C’Tan Deceiver ordered his servants to hide them in a set of secret vaults. When the Crisis came, bringing the downfall of the Necrontyr, the Deceiver had a massive network of statis tombs constructed near the vaults, so that his warriors could guard his treasures should the need ever arise. Following the Necrons’ entombment, no other living creature has ever set foot on these planets.

Today, the location of the vault is known as the Yidran system, a small cluster of planets on the north-eastern edge of the Ultima Segmentum. This system was previously undiscovered, but recently found by Imperial explorers. Finding the planet to be rich in adamantium, promethium and the like, the explorers reported back to the High Lords of Terra, who ordered the planets to be colonized. Many humans flocked to the system and had it flourishing within a few short decades. The abundant resources provided a helpful boost to the Imperium’s military. Fresh shipments of weapons and armour were swiftly transported to Cadia, where the Cadians put them to good use.

The Chaos Gods, who were just busy planning the latest invasion, were more than slightly alarmed at Cadia’s sudden growth in strength. If the Cadian Gate returned to full strength, they would surely have great difficulty breaching it. The Chaos Gods used their powers to trace the source of the fresh supplies and found… the Yidran system.

Under the Mark of Chaos Undivided, the forces of Chaos left the Eye of Terror and headed for the Yidran system, crushing everything in their path. A million light-years away, the Deceiver, who had not been paying attention to the Yidran system lately, sensed the hated minions of the Warp nearing his secret vaults. He hastened to the Yidran system, where he was shocked to find the once-barren planets infested with humans. If they were allowed to continue their plundering of the planets’ resources, they would no doubt stumble upon the tombs and vaults. He immediately gave the order for his servants to be awakened.

The Necrons sallied forth from their tombs and assaulted the gobsmacked Imperial Guard defending the Yidran system. They had barely started forming a plan of counterattack when they were struck by Chaos crashing upon them furiously. To make matters worse, the Orks and Tyranids arrived. Apparently, they had been fighting in a galaxy close to the Yidran system and decided to take the fight there. The Dark Eldar arrived to capture more slaves, and their Craftworld cousins came in hopes of stealing the Deceiver’s hoard in the confusion. The beleaguered Imperial Guard sent out a call for help. The Imperium knew that the Yidran system must be protected at all costs, and ordered all available regiments of Imperial Guard to assist the Yidran system. The call was also answered by the Inquisition and various Space Marine chapters. The battle is joined!

Summary:
    -The Necrons must protect their precious treasures and drive everyone else away from their vaults.
    -Chaos must smash the Imperial defences in the Yidran system.
    -The Eldar must try and steal the Necrons’ hoard and escape with minimal casualties.
    -The Dark Eldar want more slaves.
    -The Orks want a fight.
    -The Tyranids want a meal.
    -The IG, Space Marines and Inquisition must repel all enemies from the Yidran systems and neutralize the Necron threat while settling disputes amongst themselves.
    -The Tau are just having a look at what’s going on… and hopefully expand their Empire a little.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that idea, it seems like they all gather to have an event. Maybe if we have the actual fluff a huge tournament between the races. Kind of like the olympics heh. All planets join together in order to have one huge masse battle.

incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it Ascension.

Something I&#39;d like to do to it?

Merge. My Greater Daemon thing can be applied, and it gives the Eldar a better reason to compete. In other words...

Chaos wants to destroy the Yidran system, but while they&#39;re at it, they wouldn&#39;t mind unleashing Khaine&#39;s little brother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good contribution my Templar friend&#33; You have impressed me with your storyline.

Wouldnt mind killin some Dark Eldar either LOL

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast