Other Bad Space Hulk Cast - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Bad Space Hulk Cast

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, please shunt if needed.

Just taking a min to set the scene. Space Hulk was the board game I wanted as a kid but I got Hero Quest (scared for life I know). I loved HQ and that's what started me in this hobby but space was my true love. Unable to get the new SH when it came out (stupid unemployment) I did moan a bit ...... fast forward to last Thursday where I had a lucky win in the bookies (go roulette! Same number came in 4 times out of 10 spins, Kerching!) with GW over the road I popped in. Ordered some BFG online then went to the counter where I noticed the lonely SH box hiding behind the desk, some fool had ordered it but hadn't picked it up! Quick ring to the manager to see if it was ok to let it go and the dream was mine! W0ot I believe is in order!

/Epic Win story end.

*Cough* sorry, had a grin on my face for the last few days so had to get that off my chest To the point. The termi who's ripping the floor a new one seems to be a mis-cast, sorry for lack of pics but it is basically:
    • Right Leg - Up to the knee is fine but it then is just a solid leg to the groin, no plates or knee guard.
    • Left shoulder - The Crux, the point on the right (pointing to the back) is just a solid shape, no curve to it or the lines inside it.
    • Left leg - The foot has no top. It just looks like the top of the boot has been stretched the entire length of the leg.
    That's about it, haven't noticed anything on the others but not going to GW till next week so going to go over them with a fine tooth comb. The plan is just to take that one model back to the shop but with it being a SH model will I get a replacement or is there anything I should do first? Anyone else had some problem and how did it pan out for you? Answers welcome people

PL

I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

i might forgo bringing it to the store because they don't have much say because of the lack of space hulks out there but if you email GW they might be able to replace it for you and probably will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Mine has the same problems with the crux and the top of the left foot. The right leg however, looks fine.

Maybe mine is miscast too? Think I can get a new one?

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Hmm... makes me want to go check mine. I'd email GW customer service and I'd get to it sharpish. I know ArchonFarseerGuy had a missing rulebook but GW sorted that out very quickly.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

Bum.

Well unless GW are giving bad casts to the Evy Metal team then the modal is as is.

Space Hulk: 360? Miniature Gallery: Page 10 | Games Workshop

Oh well, shall just have to do as they have done. Just to say whats there:
    1) The inside right leg has a painted on knee guard.
    2) The Crux has painted on lines instead of indented ones and the excess has been painted black to give a curve.
    3) Top of the foot is painted black to give it a shape.

Hmm, bad GW. Mind you theres always one rotton apple...

PL

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

I've got the same model - plastics generally don;t cast "bad" in most cases, they cast warped maybe, like Land Speeders. But the model is as intended, the details have to be painted in.

Borderlands addict Phoenix Lazarus's Avatar
    There's no place I can be, since I've found Serenity.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

148 (x3)

I think it's more to do with the limitations of the steel mold they use to cast the miniatures than anything else. Generally speaking, undercuts are not possible in some areas( like that aformentioned knee) so a certain compromise has to be taken. No offence, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

Oh no no I get what had to be done its just odd that everything else is perfect apart from this. Honestly, they couldn't have got the Crux right at least??

PL

PS yes I hates them Land Speeders!

+ Reply to Thread