Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Okay, quite self-explanatory. What have been your successes of 2009 and your failures? Obviously gaming/painting/modelling/collecting related. No relationship crumbling or sports triumph here!
- Started an Empire army and have painted 500pts worth (I'm just about the slowest painter in the world as well as easily distracted - this is very much a success!)
- My first physical game of Blood Bowl in years
An inspiration to all wargamers, huh?
- I've painted one Space Marine in the past 12 months. Poor even by my standards.
- One game of Fantasy, no 40k. And I lost that game.
Personal Failures of 2009.
#1: Purchased a box of Cadian Guardsmen + Paint from GW in January.
After 2 weeks, quit the hobby.
#2:Late this year I turned my back on the Emperor and Imperium, purchased a box of Chaos Plague Marines, lost interest after 72 hours.
Personal Success of 2009
I decided to return to my Cadian Guardsmen, finished a squad and I am now preparing to collect an IG Army.
Order has been restored.
- Contracted to Paint 5 Armies, most of which have gone on to be successful
- Started and Finished my Nurgle Daemons, then took a Fantasy Tournament with em
- Started and Finished my IG Blackhawk Down themed army who also faired well in a subsequent tournament
- Currently my only job is painting armies. I guess it works, but it has hindered my attempts to build my own armies
Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009
That's certainly a neat topic. Let's give it a whirl says I.
-Started a Vampire Counts army, painted roughly 600 points worth (see: vampires are really pricey, skeletons are not)
-Finished painting my flayed ones, Immortals and an extra warrior squad.
-Didn't get phased out playing against the new Imp guard codex, or against Blood Angels (3 times!).
-Resisted starting a 3rd 40K army.
-Failed to go and fix my wraiths despite their 6 month broken status. As such they have not seen much use .
-Lent a new player my tyranid army for his first game, and got phased out by turn 4 in a 1k game against him with my Necrons. Makes ya wonder why people listen to my advice ><.
-Set out to fully reconvert and repaint my 5k SM army from its original IF state a year ago, and i'm right on track to finish the last two troop squads by year end.
-Vastly improved and organized my array of gaming terrain.
-Started to repaint and clean up my titanic Necron army, lost interest after a month do to their comparatively poor performance in games. Guess their just gonna have to wait.
-Got started on my fantasy VC army, but got sidetracked by my marines. Still did get a couple of characters and 30+ skellies done I suppose, so its kinda a minor failure.
-Failed to resist the temptation to start a 3rd 40k Army........
Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion
- painting 750 points of Fow in 2 months
- finally painting my 24 empire swordsmen
- getting some games in
- Not painting more empire, that army has been taking soooo long.
- Sucking at playing with my empire, i gotta get better.
- buying too much crap of armies i know i'm not gonna be playing, like an SoB immolator and stuffs.
Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
Voor alle nederlanders:
The Dutch Legion
Successes of 2009
Failures of 2009
- finished my first army: 1500 pts of dwarfs
- started Lizardmen and got all needed models for 1000 pts within a month
- made plans to go to my first fantasy tourney
- hardly painted anything in months before summer holidays.
- Test playing of lizardmen not going well. Got stomped by warriors of chaos three times in a row ( 3 chaos knighs killed 11 saurus on the charge, o my god! My opponent casts 'infernal gateway' in turn 1 and kills 13 frikin templeguard, just bizzar! )
- Got back into playing my Salamanders again.
- Successfully improved my painting skills.
- Nearly completed my first Drop pod.
- Still competitive on the table.
- Placed in the only tournament I've been in this year.
- Haven't played as many games as I'd like.
- Missed out on a few tournaments.
- Have not finished my Drop pod.
"Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
-This space for rent-
Salamander project log
This is a good idea... Hmmm... What are mine...
-Built 4 2500 pt Chaos Space Marine armies, each themed around a different god.
-Built a 2000 pt Chaos Guard themed list.
-Built a 2000 pt Ulthwe style Eldar list.
-Haven't gotten any of those armies fully painted (Damn!)...
-Never got my Space Hulk themed campaign off the ground at my local store.
-Didn't make it to 'Ard Boyz round 2 due to a stupid mistake on my part.
I'm trying to catalog every song with a reference to yetis or Sasquatch. Please help.
- Almost finished painting my Orks
- Painted more of my Warriors of Chaos
- Didn't finish my Orks--only 20 models left!
- Didn't finsih my Warriors
- Only got into one tournament
- Didn't get a campaign started
Well more Failures than successes but there is always next year.
Repainting Orks not sure how many points yet
Warriors of Chaos shelved until further notice