Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Okay, what do you hope to achieve next year?
Mine would be:
Try and keep it achievable. I think "Build and paint 5000pts of Imperial Guard and then 3000pts of Beastmen and then..." are beyond the realms of most of us procrastinators!
- Get another another 500pts of Empire done by about Easter (I paint slow, lose interest for a few weeks, pick it up again... Easter is a realistic target!), perhaps 1000pts by June.
- A second Tactical Squad for my Space Marines.
- Maybe try and play a few games (anyone know a decent club around Newcastle-upon-Tyne?)
- Begin the Empire General conversion I have in mind involving Ludwig Schwarzhelm, some plastics bitz I've collected and a decent amount of green stuff.
- I wrote a small little skirmish game for 6mm scale troops when I was younger, the game mechanics hold up well. I've always fancied updating it, now might be the time.
- Make a little Travel Blood Bowl set (a bit like this) except making my own case and modelled on my existing board. I always bite of more than I can chew.
Here are my New Year resolutions:
- I will complete my Saim-Hann army: I still have to paint two Wave Serpents, a Falcon, three Warwalkers, a Flying Council unit, a Farseer on Jetbike, two Storm Guardians unit and a Scorpion Mark 1. Unlikely, but possible.
- I will buy a whole company of Space Marines, with all the extra bits I need. I I need two Tactical units, 11 Rhinos/Razorback, a Command Squad, a Vindicator, and some bits more.
- I will learn to make my own RTV silicone molds.
- I will learn to use my brand new airbrush at a reasonable level.
- Maybe try to play a couple of games of WH40k
1. Paint my BFG marine fleet.
2. Not buy anymore GW stuff til i've cleared by backlog.
3. Start clearing my backlog.
Hope i do better than my numerous attempts to stop smoking.
Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.
My Resolutions are:
- Paint up all my Wood Elves - 5k points!
- Paint up my Dark Elves to a reasonable force - up to 2k points.
- Assemble my Beasties and build up a 1k force of new shiny stuff!
- Assemble my Tomb Kings, make sure I've got a 500 point force, maybe buy a few bits.
- Paint up some Tyranids, I would like to get my Hormagaunts painted as well as my Genestealers and a Trygon I'm getting
Fantasy: Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Beastmen and Tomb Kings.
LotR: Misty Mountains and Rohan
- Finish off my Imperial Guard - just need another Lemen Russ, an Infantry Platoon and some Auto-cannons.
- Finish my Daemon-hunters - lots left.
- Pester GW fo a new codex
- Start Eldar
- Buy a Warhound or a Revenant titan.
- Pester GW for plastic Warhound and Revenant.
continue my wargaming diversification. im trying to gt a couple forces for multiple different systems to demo locally. helps keep the hobby fresh and keeps me from getting burned out on GW, again.
finish selling off my deathwing
sell off my gk's
trim down my orks and build them to my original plans
see what happens with nids and decide if i want to keep mine or not
decide if i want to do another fantasy army or not
finish my subup and cthul army. i have pretty much what i want, but id like mre for collectors sake.
build a trollblood army
build a cryx army
try to demo above armies to generate interest
continue trying to demo damocles
build a larger therian force
build a karman army
other then that, i might try malifaux. im undecided. with how small the armies are (5-7) models, it would be cheap enough to try out im thinking, why not?
leave the moderating to the moderators
if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?
I'm going to complete my 5-year degree. Nothing else matters.
Excpet maybe finishing a Night Goblin army....
No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!
There's loads more, but this will do for a start
- Get some Chapter Badge transfers printed up for the Furious Angels
- Tidy up my High Elves so I've got a good 1500 point list (even if I never use them)
- Finish painting the game board and all the scenery I've got
- Write a list of everything I want my SM army to have, so I can find the cheapest collection of boxes that'll do it with minimum spare bits
- Win more games of Blood Bowl!
- Enter a proper tournament for the first time
- Write more of my book (it's based on Exalted rather than 40k, but it's gaming related and will eventually result in my writing a 40k book when it's done)
- Earn over £50 painting models for my mate (basically models with a GW price of £120ish)
1. Paint all 4000 points of 'nids I have
2. Paint a 2000 point Ogre army(so far got 4 bulls, a butcher, and a bruiser :p)
3. Paint my 1500 point salamander army
That's about it, hobby related.
I have two unhobby related.
1. Get over a certain 'person' I still love, who messed up my life.
2. To get a stable relationship :p
Vampire Counts Progress Log [W:2 D:1 L:1]
Finish my Blood Angel Army (need one more predator and a drop pod for my Furioso).
Keep Building up my Necrons to have a great 1750 point list.
Get 2 Trygons and decide on a color to paint my nid army.
Have a Lizardmen army book so learn how to play Fantasy and get a 500 point force going.
WH 40k Armies (W/L/D):
Tyranid: 2250 Points of Awesome (5/4/1)
Necrons: 1000 Points (4/0/1)